Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] After Saturday why not chuckle at these past " glorious moments "

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Brilliantly written comments on some of Brighton least finest moments - just a reminder that we were once really sh*t - however we still had a sense of humour!
FYI I was at most of these - not the Canvey Island game sadly ! Enjoy

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
The Walsall game is always the stand-out one for me.
Agree. Looking through those results, I've seen about five of them, including the Walsall game, which was dire. The only saving grace, and correct me I'm wrong, but it didn't rain that day.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The two that stick out for me was the West Ham game and the Huderfield away game.

I was at the West Ham game right next to the home fans, who spent the whole game hurling abuse at the Brighton fans.

The Huddersfield game I was working in Montreal, and I had text alerts for Brighton games. My phone kept beeping and my langue got worse with each one, my colleague thought I was being harassed, until explained what was happening.

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
I remember we took some beatings in the early 70s when we got promoted under Pat Saward, Away to Carlisle being one of them,5 or 6 conceded if my memory serves me well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Donny 0-0 at Priestfield is possibly the worst game of professional football ever played.

Was also at the 6-1 Oldham game, Afterwards I played with a supporters team against their fans on the same pitch. It was literally the only thing that plastic pitch was good for. Otherwise it was like playing football on a sheet of glass that someone had covered with some sand on top and put the bounciest rubber underneath. They beat us too, one of the goals coming from 30 yards and bouncing twice at different speeds and heights. Most of the mini bus trip back was spent forcing beer down our midfielder who'd lost most of the skin off his leg making a run of the mill tackle. Dreadful place.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Donny 0-0 at Priestfield is possibly the worst game of professional football ever played.

Was also at the 6-1 Oldham game, Afterwards I played with a supporters team against their fans on the same pitch. It was literally the only thing that plastic pitch was good for. Otherwise it was like playing football on a sheet of glass that someone had covered with some sand on top and put the bounciest rubber underneath. They beat us too, one of the goals coming from 30 yards and bouncing twice at different speeds and heights. Most of the mini bus trip back was spent forcing beer down our midfielder who'd lost most of the skin off his leg making a run of the mill tackle. Dreadful place.
Before (not after) - unless it was a different supporters game, to one I did.

Actually, it probably was - I think after ours, the Albion only lost 1-0 or something.

I was also at the 6-1 though. It was absolutely BALTIC.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Before (not after) - unless it was a different supporters game, to one I did.

Actually, it probably was - I think after ours, the Albion only lost 1-0 or something.

I was also at the 6-1 though. It was absolutely BALTIC.
Ours was definitely after and you'd have been easily the best player in our team :lolol:

This featured a few of the old Supporters Club lot your mum would know like Tony P and Big Les and the famous Peter Canning was our one man support on the terraces.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ours was definitely after and you'd have been easily the best player in our team :lolol:

This featured a few of the old Supporters Club lot your mum would know like Tony P and Big Les and the famous Peter Canning was our one man support on the terraces.
Ah!

Ours featured plenty of folk you'd know too. Me, my older brother, Scott Marshall, Bennett Dean, El Pres too I think.

I was very much NOT the best player in that one! Bennett for one, was a terrific footballer.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I am surprised nobody has mentioned the Portsmouth away game in 1984.

One-nil up at half time, torrential rain, Willie Young, being locked in for 40 minutes and forced to listen to the radio commentary, the old bill and the barage of stones! A day to forget

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am surprised nobody has mentioned the Portsmouth away game in 1984.

One-nil up at half time, torrential rain, Willie Young, being locked in for 40 minutes and forced to listen to the radio commentary, the old bill and the barage of stones! A day to forget
It is listed in the article the opening post refers to :thumbsup:

It was one of 'my' EIGHT.

What a f***ing awful day. Willie Young *shudder*

Jul 7, 2003
I witnessed EIGHT of those horror-shows in person.

:eek:
I think I was at 10 of those - luckily I missed the Portsmouth debacle as I was playing Saturday football then but my parents went and still complain about how they were treated.

Surprised that the 5-0 at Palace is not mentioned in there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here