Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] AFC Wimbledon- MK Dons

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Do we have any Wombles in this forum? My local team, so have an antipathy to MK charlatans. Haven't been to any of their games as am a 3rd generation Albion fan, originally from Sussex. It's a great club, and the fans have been through it recently. They're very active in the community, even more than Brighton's fanbase.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Do we have any Wombles in this forum? My local team, so have an antipathy to MK charlatans. Haven't been to any of their games as am a 3rd generation Albion fan, originally from Sussex. It's a great club, and the fans have been through it recently. They're very active in the community, even more than Brighton's fanbase.
First game I ever went to was a Wimbledon game, so my father told me, I don't remember a thing! Apparently I spent all of the time looking at a sweet I had dropped through the railings...........we then moved to Sussex. Where my family history goes waay back.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I don't go along with the general consensus on this, I think AFC Wimbledon shouldn't be allowed in the FL. Whether we like it or not MK Dons are carrying the Banner of the original club, I don't think there should be room for 2 clubs as they are taking a place away from another club, I think it's better for football all round if a completely new non league team had a place in the football league rather than a protest club against another FL club. Although it wasn't fans fault what happened with that club it was all of their own making. I do recall, Wimbledon games at Selhurst Park with empty terraces. I went to a game Wimbledon v Man Utd and 90% of Selhurst was Man U. There's more MK Dons fans now then Wimbledon ever had - even in the top flight. F-em I say

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I don't go along with the general consensus on this, I think AFC Wimbledon shouldn't be allowed in the FL. Whether we like it or not MK Dons are carrying the Banner of the original club, I don't think there should be room for 2 clubs as they are taking a place away from another club, I think it's better for football all round if a completely new non league team had a place in the football league rather than a protest club against another FL club. Although it wasn't fans fault what happened with that club it was all of their own making. I do recall, Wimbledon games at Selhurst Park with empty terraces. I went to a game Wimbledon v Man Utd and 90% of Selhurst was Man U. There's more MK Dons fans now then Wimbledon ever had - even in the top flight. F-em I say
So Wimbledon shouldn’t be allowed a team in the league as their original club was taken away from them and moved? What a bizarre take.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Wow

Talk about re-writing history

So if Archer had moved the Albion to Harlow, with the approval of the Football League, (even though there was already a non league club there called Harlow Town, and the Harlow club call themselves Harlow Seagulls, and the Harlow Seagulls stay in the League, despite being a completely new club, then get a load of Harlow council money to try and form a fanbase with a different club badge and a crappy hockey stadium, and take all of the history of the Albion including memorabilia.

You would say it was all the fans fault?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I don't go along with the general consensus on this, I think AFC Wimbledon shouldn't be allowed in the FL. Whether we like it or not MK Dons are carrying the Banner of the original club, I don't think there should be room for 2 clubs as they are taking a place away from another club, I think it's better for football all round if a completely new non league team had a place in the football league rather than a protest club against another FL club. Although it wasn't fans fault what happened with that club it was all of their own making. I do recall, Wimbledon games at Selhurst Park with empty terraces. I went to a game Wimbledon v Man Utd and 90% of Selhurst was Man U. There's more MK Dons fans now than Wimbledon ever had - even in the top flight. F-em I say
Err… what? You do realise they started in the 9th tier and won promotions all the way back to the EFL on merit. They weren’t just granted a place.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
This is crazy.

AFC Wimbledon started at the bottom and have earnt their place.

Poor take.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
That's incredible, I don't think that's going to be beaten today in the bizarre stakes. Incredible, I'm truly stunned and in a way, I respect how ridiculous this is.

I don't really have a problem with MK Dons, it was bad at the time but they're their own football club now and are just as legitimate as Man City who don't seem to get such abuse but for me, that situation is dramatically worse. Inherited a stadium (why don't they get stick for that?), bought our by pure oil money who have pumped enormous money into the local area (fair play to them for that) and then bought several other football clubs across the world (generally re-branding them City) - that's franchising. It's a very "clever" business model for FFP purposes but that's a far bigger issue in football than MK Dons ever were or are.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
They were a completely new non league team, they started from the very bottom.

They have every right to exist surely?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wow. As I read that I was sure it was going to be a parody, but no, you actually think a) Wimbledon deserved to have their club stolen and b) they don't then have the right to start a new club from the bottom. Full mental.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Wow. As I read that I was sure it was going to be a parody, but no, you actually think a) Wimbledon deserved to have their club stolen and b) they don't then have the right to start a new club from the bottom. Full mental.
I know I've already said it's ridiculous but I thought of a much better putdown for it...

It's a take so brain-dead I'm worried about it causing a zombie apocalypse

Somethingdean

May 18, 2019
You're taking the piss surely?

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Much like everyone else at the time, I had a particular dislike for MK Dons, then I met three Dons supporters whilst on holiday in Rhodes, all three were fully aware of the reasons why their club came into being and also aware of the animosity toward them from supporters of other clubs. They took everything on the chin and just went on supporting their team. Much like supporters anywhere.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Much like everyone else at the time, I had a particular dislike for MK Dons, then I met three Dons supporters whilst on holiday in Rhodes, all three were fully aware of the reasons why their club came into being and also aware of the animosity toward them from supporters of other clubs. They took everything on the chin and just went on supporting their team. Much like supporters anywhere.
I don’t think it is like supporters everywhere.
They have absolutely no history.
If they were like supporters everywhere (well apart from most plastic Top six and Man Utd fans), they would have supported their local team, Milton Keynes City who were in the lower Leagues.
But no, bandwagon jumped into the Football League without any effort and consigned a historic football club to non league.
They are a stain on football. And always will be as far as I’m concerned. Watching them play in that huge stadium with no fans, while we were struggling at the Withdean
It was a disgrace. Their fans must have no conscience at all

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Maybe 'Blair II' can get the ball rolling when he gets in next year.
Screenshot_20231228-123306~2.png

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
MK stole Wimbledon’s FL place that had been earned by their years in non league. Btw the real Wimbledon also went on to earn a place in the FL again. Something MK have never done. AFC aren’t a protest club. They are the club representing Wimbledon. Would you be ok with someone stealing Brighton’s place ? It may be a stupid wind up I guess because nobody is that thick.
On another note I read this today ; https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67832071

What a snake !

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
As a kid my team was Wimbledon, them moving away meant I didn’t have a team and lost interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here