Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
From the BBC VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe:

"We have to become very internal and use all the negativity around us in a positive way to show we're still fighting and we can do it.

"I'm living my life trying to improve the results, trying to improve the performances of the players.

"I think the will to do well, and the desire to improve, is 100% there."

Brighton & Hove Albion head coach Graham Potter:

"We'll have moments where we don't win, this is a really tough league.

"We had nine wins last year, we need to learn from all of our experiences and try to improve.

"Everyone is capable of getting results in this division."

Eddie wins this one hands down.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Some of you lot are embarrassing, deserve to go down? Why? Because we’ve dominated a game for half an hour and then conceded two sloppy goals? Or the fact we’re 5th bottom even though the bottom 3 go down.

Massive 2nd half coming up, let’s support them not berate them and leave the conclusions till after the game.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9214743 said:
A lot of bedwetting going on here :lolol:

I’m standing here in the cold, watching a shower of shite after travelling for 4 hours.

I’m entitled to moan at that ‘performance’ verses a team that have won once in 12.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Our form for the last 2 months has been dreadful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We started the season with Maupay, Andone, Locadia and Murray as our 4 strikers. Connolly wasn't in the running.

We knew Glenn was beginning to fall of a cliff and that it was really 3 strikers, then we lose Andone and Locadia with the season only a few weeks old.

The Potter honeymoon is coming to an end and the lack of strikers is killing us. Murray papered over the cracks for 2 years. We have to bring someone in, arguably two.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I really do not want to hear any more bullshit about not signing players in January and the market being tough either. If we don’t sign a striker, a commanding centre midfielder and ideally another wide/attacking player with some pace, we are ****ed.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
it’s all about recruitment , which again has been poor . Potters philosophy is right but the quality of players isn’t . The club wanted better football but play the same players as last season .

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We stayed up in 2019 :shrug:

If you dont have the ability to score many, you wont win that many games. Then at least a fairly solid defense will keep you in the game and give the hope you could get something and may not lose.

Right now we cant score, and we simply cant defend. Its schoolboy stuff. Webster looks like Ipswich/Bristol City level.

If Potter persists without changing Tack, its curtains

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Never really agree with blaming the manager, except it seems lately we have been hesitant to take many risks with the line up. Would really like to give Trossard as much pitch time as possible to get him rolling and more consistent. Don't see Solly much these days which is depressing especially when he played quite well last season.

You do realise Solly has just come back from quite a long spell out injured?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why ? Potter is the problem.

You know I listen to you.

But what do you think about our squad? I think the defence ain’t all that, plus we lack pace, power and strikers. The pace and power, to facilitate counter attacking, has been a bugbear to me for 3 seasons. We ain’t the quickest and strongest team, to say the least.

Both Hughton and Potter have had a very limited squad in many way, imho.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Some of you lot are embarrassing, deserve to go down? Why? Because we’ve dominated a game for half an hour and then conceded two sloppy goals? Or the fact we’re 5th bottom even though the bottom 3 go down.

Massive 2nd half coming up, let’s support them not berate them and leave the conclusions till after the game.

Like the spirit.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Villa were poor on Saturday and Bournemouth have not scored since Boxing Day.
Yet it looks like only one point from 2 very winnable games.
Worrying times ahead me thinks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't half feel guilty for helping so many people watch the game. :facepalm:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I wonder what CH thinks of this.

Couldn't care less what he thinks. He had to go. It's Blooms massive fook up to appoint this clown and then give him a massive extension a few months later. What did he base this on because he clearly wasn't seeing what i was seeing.
This will go down as one of Blooms worse business decisions in his life.
All those millions we lose when we drop down a division and no chance of sacking Potter and his staff now.

table looking worrying at the moment - only 2 points of NINETEETH place -We MUST win against the hammers now..
Capture.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here