Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Post Game Leaving

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sounds marvellous. The only downside I presume was being made to feel like a helpless infant, or a powerless citizen of a police state, rather than just a bloke going to watch a football match on a Saturday afternoon.
I remember being held back for 20 minutes in the away end at Brisbane Road back in the early noughties. Apparently we had brought with us a reputation for roister-doistery.

To be fair....it wasn't exactly the end of the world.

An important point to remember is that apparently some Palarse fans are hell bent-on leather. Trouble. I meant hell-bent on trouble.

So, keeping them in for a bit would save genuine Brighton supporters from having to dance around the Amex like it was unlucky to go the other way.

And then, of course, soon, we will be entertaining the charming ladies* and gentlemen of Marseilles.

*Let's face it. It will be gentlemen. Of a fashion. Innit.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That was quicker than me , used the Mill Hill P&R ,live in Portslade home 1215
I parked in the university, left with about a minute to go, and got to Oxford Services where I was staying just before midnight. P@R sounds a nightmare these days. Mind you I got so wet I had to put on wet jeans and shoes this morning!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
That was some downpour last night. Quite a few had not checked the forecast before leaving for the game!
Train home was an easier one, but we rain to the station on the whistle and had luck at Lewes as the train from London was late arriving.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Blimey….absolute carnage in the Mill Hill P&R yesterday after the game…..I left on the whistle, queued in the pissing rain for 1 hour 10 minutes…..got on a coach finally and got home to mile oak after being dropped off at the top of mill hill at 10 past midnight! Conversely, got to the top of Mill Hill at 6 and queued an hour to get in the bus! Absolute shambles

the problem now with canning the bendy busses ( that by the way every European city we went to on our holidays last couple of weeks had hundreds of so they can’t be that badly inefficient) is that when a bus arrives, everyone piles on in threes and fours and it fills up really quickly and off it goes….now they have replaced these with coaches that you can only get one person a time on the steps into the coach so it takes ages to fill one coach.

last night at 11:30 there was 4 coaches standing waiting in the pissing rain, for 1 to be loaded and the stewards wouldn’t let the people in the queue go and wait by the loading area….it got really tense and a lot of naughty words were used aimed at the kids manning the area.

if this is now the norm for winter and I can’t get a car parking ticket, I will not be doing many games this season.

Also a Mill Road user.

I missed 3 minutes of added time, yet got home 75 minutes earlier than you. To me a price well worth paying.

On the field we were unstructured and shit in extra time, no cool heads, it was obvious AEK had won … leaving slightly early was a no brainer. Still got soaked though, as many thousand had beat me to the queue.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Blimey….absolute carnage in the Mill Hill P&R yesterday after the game…..I left on the whistle, queued in the pissing rain for 1 hour 10 minutes…..got on a coach finally and got home to mile oak after being dropped off at the top of mill hill at 10 past midnight! Conversely, got to the top of Mill Hill at 6 and queued an hour to get in the bus! Absolute shambles

the problem now with canning the bendy busses ( that by the way every European city we went to on our holidays last couple of weeks had hundreds of so they can’t be that badly inefficient) is that when a bus arrives, everyone piles on in threes and fours and it fills up really quickly and off it goes….now they have replaced these with coaches that you can only get one person a time on the steps into the coach so it takes ages to fill one coach.

last night at 11:30 there was 4 coaches standing waiting in the pissing rain, for 1 to be loaded and the stewards wouldn’t let the people in the queue go and wait by the loading area….it got really tense and a lot of naughty words were used aimed at the kids manning the area.

if this is now the norm for winter and I can’t get a car parking ticket, I will not be doing many games this season.
We were at the Zone A queue at the same time you were queuing at the top. Waited there for an hour and they sent 6 empty coaches past only allowing about eight people on one of them. Lucky they let us on the one they did as it had the potential to turn a bit nasty- people were seriously concerned about missing KO.

We left from the NWC with a couple of mins left of added time as it was obvious we wouldn't get another chance and my 9 year old was shattered and managed to leave his bloody coat in the car. Still took 30 mins to squeeze on a bus which didn't move for another 20 mins but that was obviously better than the alternative.

Got back home to West Berkshire just before 1, so didn't do too badly all in all. Probably would've been more like 2.30 had we stuck around to the end.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hats off to those that make the hellish journeys, I thought 5 bus stops was bad enough

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
For anyone who questions fans loyalty for leaving before the final whistle needs to be forced to read this thread.
In fairness, I think the people who are most critical of early leavers can usually get home within about an hour.

If you are with kids or have an event to get home for, leaving 5 mins early can save an hour.
When you can chill at the stadium after the game and only have yourself to worry about you can certainly benefit from staying and enjoying every moment.
THIS with bells on!!!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Also a Mill Road user.

I missed 3 minutes of added time, yet got home 75 minutes earlier than you. To me a price well worth paying.

On the field we were unstructured and shit in extra time, no cool heads, it was obvious AEK had won … leaving slightly early was a no brainer. Still got soaked though, as many thousand had beat me to the queue.
Gave up with Mill Hill last season my daughter lives very near the race course and gave it ago for a game much more organised and quicker than the Mill Hill shambles.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Gave up with Mill Hill last season my daughter lives very near the race course and gave it ago for a game much more organised and quicker than the Mill Hill shambles.

The train strikes was the adverse game changer.

Until then we could rock up to the top of Mill Road at 2.15 on a Saturday and make KO. After the herd had got on earlier buses.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I remember being held back for 20 minutes in the away end at Brisbane Road back in the early noughties. Apparently we had brought with us a reputation for roister-doistery.

To be fair....it wasn't exactly the end of the world.

An important point to remember is that apparently some Palarse fans are hell bent-on leather. Trouble. I meant hell-bent on trouble.

So, keeping them in for a bit would save genuine Brighton supporters from having to dance around the Amex like it was unlucky to go the other way.

And then, of course, soon, we will be entertaining the charming ladies* and gentlemen of Marseilles.

*Let's face it. It will be gentlemen. Of a fashion. Innit.
"roister-doistery" :lolol:

I'm having that

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
There’s no real problem with the bendy’s, they just got old and parts were getting harder to replace, the gearboxes in particular and it became less viable. They were retired in the same fashion as any model. The future now is with the Alexander Dennis’s that will eventually be running on hydrogen

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Left just after the 3rd AEK goal. I'd actually pre planned to leave after 84mins anyway.

Apologies to those who are so offended by that. But it's it's a 1hr 50 min drive home. And I have work in the morning on a Friday. So if anyone wants to moan about me wanting that first or second Mill Road bus, in all due respect, you can suck it. Don't care. Getting home just after midnight. Some of us aren't local anymore.

Evening games suck balls. I was tired driving which is dangerous enough

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have rarely, if ever, been that wet. And I did quite a few games at the Withdean. Every time I thought it couldn’t get any harder, it got harder.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Seemed to be very few 25 buses running pre and post game yesterday. Luckily got on one by running on the final whistle but no others showing on the indicator boards the whole way back to old Steine.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Left just after the 3rd AEK goal. I'd actually pre planned to leave after 84mins anyway.

Apologies to those who are so offended by that. But it's it's a 1hr 50 min drive home. And I have work in the morning on a Friday. So if anyone wants to moan about me wanting that first or second Mill Road bus, in all due respect, you can suck it. Don't care. Getting home just after midnight. Some of us aren't local anymore.

Evening games suck balls. I was tired driving which is dangerous enough
The people who should be apologising are the ones who keep complaining about people leaving early. I usually stay and have a pint after a game, its my life and my decision equally people making a decision to leave early have the right to do it. What the debate should focus is how the transport can be improved.....

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
The people who should be apologising are the ones who keep complaining about people leaving early. I usually stay and have a pint after a game, its my life and my decision equally people making a decision to leave early have the right to do it. What the debate should focus is how the transport can be improved.....
Agreed. I don't want to leave early. I do because I have to. I Hate it though it's my choice to watch this stupid wonderful team and live miles away. Suck it up ElectricNaz. Normal kick off times at weekends I'm happy to stay. Thursday evenings can f*** off though but I'll deal with having to leave early because of EUROPE

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mind you I got so wet I had to put on wet jeans and shoes this morning!
I put my shoes on the electric drier and they were still wet 24 hours later (as was the top I was wearing). It felt like I'd been swimming home.

There seemed to excessively large numbers of people on the path to the east side of the railway, we were even held up for a few minutes by the station. No idea why that was more crowded than usual

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here