Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Use the automated Google Translate plugin. The site is a joy. Translation can be a bit erratic eg "The only positive thing I can think of is that [Brighton] will hardly play the tambourine like the Belgians. Or maybe not?"

I just put my linguistic detective hat on and tried to find an idiomatic Greek phrase about tambourines but drew a blank.

I can only assume that the in the Champions League qualifier, the Antwerp fans' percussion section wasn't up to scratch.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Surprised there’s still tickets available for the home game! You’d think the first game in Europe would have sold out ages ago. Loads in east lower still going
I'm guessing that for those who can’t stretch to all 3, the lure of bigger names Ajax and Marseille take precedence over the cachet of AEK being the first European game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don't underestimate AEK - they have a long and proud history in European competitions (European Cup QF - UEFA Cup SF - UEFA Cup Winners Cup QF x2 - and they went through a CL group stage unbeaten against Roma, Genk and Real Madrid)
This.

Every game we’ll be difficult

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Interesting take on why europa league tickets are often cheaper than PL tickets in England 😅🤔 (Not sure if that's even true or not!)

In England and in the majority of cases, the European tickets are cheaper than the Premier and much easier to find, as the duration does not catch Europe. This is how life is structured that even the most loyal fans on the weekend, they find it difficult to go in the middle of the week, that's why they don't commit in the first place...

AEK Melbourne

Sep 2, 2023
Hey guys, Greek-Aussie AEK fan here. It's fair to say that the Greeks back in Greece viewed you guys as the hardest team in the group, and after last nights result I would say that we are now all well and truly sh*tting ourselves lol. We are currently in a bit of a form slump but at our best we play a high press high possession game, can't see how that is going to work against Brighton, will be interesting to see if Almeyda decides to play a more negative brand of football. Either way here is hoping for a good game and that we somehow manage to get second spot behind you guys. P.s I don't support a prem side but I always love seeing Man Utd get done at Old Trafford!

AEK Melbourne

Sep 2, 2023
Don't underestimate AEK - they have a long and proud history in European competitions (European Cup QF - UEFA Cup SF - UEFA Cup Winners Cup QF x2 - and they went through a CL group stage unbeaten against Roma, Genk and Real Madrid)
Mate I appreciate you giving us some love, but that team in 03' that went undefeated in CL had 7 players that won the Euros in 2004. This current team is good but i don't think they are at that level, now if they pull of a miracle on Thursday I will change my mind.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
We are currently in a bit of a form slump
I've had a quick look at our visitor's form:
22/08/23 - Antwerp 1-0 AEK Athens (Champions League Qualifier)
26/08/23 - AEK Athens 1-1 Panserraikos (League)
30/08/23 - AEK Athens 1-2 Antwerp (Champions League Qualifier)
03/09/23 - Volos 2-3 AEK Athens (League)
17/09/23 - AEK Athens 1-1 Olympiacos (League)

The recent results haven't been particularly great for the Greek champions and neither has their recent injury record with both centre-backs ruled out (Vida & Moukoudi)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here