[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I saw it but its gone now can't find post?
Screenshot_20231024-114814.png

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Don't give up yet. Some Ajax tickets went back on sale today, and apparently the deadline for returns was yesterday. So keep an eye open for the AEK returns date and keep checking after that for tix going back on sale. Good luck.
Thats my last hope too. A week ago I had already consoled myself it wasnt going to happen, then yesterday morning that feint hope returned only to be dashed.

Its the hope that kills!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There is no perfect way, i've no complaints and I guess that is the fairest way overall...... but that said, as someone who works early/late shifts for a 24/7 company, works most weekends and whose ability to go is constrained by work more than desire or willingness, that as a benchmark for loyalty is bit of a bugbear!

STH, live 3 1/2 hours away, done countless 7 hour round trips to Amex, and go home or away to games that roster patterns or away loyalty points allow.

Aways are a catch 22, you cant go due work or when you can you cant as you dont have the points because work didn't allow last few weeks.

If you live in Sussex and work Monday to Friday or are retired, I envy you! I'd go every week if I could, roll on retirement.
as long as you have a decent pension...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
My issue in all this is with UEFA and to a degree the club. 5% is just not fit for purpose in this day and age, and also it appears the club made no effort to negotiate with our opponents regarding the Amex allocation. We quite often huff and puff selling the last 1000 tickets so there would have been no harm in giving an extra 200/300 tickets.
Not sure if away travel is such a big thing abroad. Rumour has it half of the AEK fans at the Amex were from London and to be fair we didn't sell out Marsielle (too much over selling of the potential issues maybe).

Do footballing authorities really want foreign fans turning up as in many cases it just leads to trouble.

That aside the club actually did cut back on allocations so it wouldn't huff and puff to sell the last 500 or so, this year its been better from what I see.

Regards the 5% .... if you look at Marsielle and Ajax it looks like the away section is hard partitioned i.e. formally separated by fences or netting unlike in UK where boundaries are often soft gaps so it might not be easy to add the odd 500 to that allocation or indeed sell to home fans if full away allocation nt taken up.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Not sure if away travel is such a big thing abroad. Rumour has it half of the AEK fans at the Amex were from London and to be fair we didn't sell out Marsielle (too much over selling of the potential issues maybe).

Do footballing authorities really want foreign fans turning up as in many cases it just leads to trouble.

That aside the club actually did cut back on allocations so it wouldn't huff and puff to sell the last 500 or so, this year its been better from what I see.

Regards the 5% .... if you look at Marsielle and Ajax it looks like the away section is hard partitioned i.e. formally separated by fences or netting unlike in UK where boundaries are often soft gaps so it might not be easy to add the odd 500 to that allocation or indeed sell to home fans if full away allocation nt taken up.
A fan of theirs in Burger King told me half had travelled and half the tickets were given to the London fan club.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Am I right in saying that on the teeny tiny off-chance a ticket or two now become available on the website, the tier 3 club (2pm Monday) can’t get one as the site says this sold out to Tier 2 level?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Am I right in saying that on the teeny tiny off-chance a ticket or two now become available on the website, the tier 3 club (2pm Monday) can’t get one as the site says this sold out to Tier 2 level?
An interesting question, as if a few go on sale in say 2 weeks+, all lower tiers even after 2pm Monday would also have passed their buy eligibility dates.

Would any additional in a few weeks, just be tiers 1&2, 1,2&3, 3 only or all tiers?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I was one of the lucky few who bought at 2pm Monday so it was therefore open to Tier 3 people, if only for a minute or so.

If your eligibility date was, say, Wednesday, I’d have thought you’d be ok to buy on Thursday regardless of current availability.

Last edited:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I was one of the lucky few who bought at 2pm Monday so it was therefore open to Tier 3 people, if only for a minute or so.
Exactly, bit frustrating if so. I was also in that club but missed out but am sad enough to log in and try and see every now and again. It definitely sold to tier 3 so unsure why it’s staying otherwise on the site.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
An interesting question, as if a few go on sale in say 2 weeks+, all lower tiers even after 2pm Monday would also have passed their buy eligibility dates.

Would any additional in a few weeks, just be tiers 1&2, 1,2&3, 3 only or all tiers?
History tells us that any additional tickets that become available only go on sale to those who were eligible to purchase when the allocation first sold out.

It should therefore be possible for any in tiers 1, 2 and 3 to purchase any returns.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
History tells us that any additional tickets that become available only go on sale to those who were eligible to purchase when the allocation first sold out.

It should therefore be possible for any in tiers 1, 2 and 3 to purchase any returns.

Except that the ticket site shows it as selling out to Tier 2, so will be 1 & 2 only.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231025-124234.png
    Screenshot_20231025-124234.png
    305.6 KB · Views: 42

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Except that the ticket site shows it as selling out to Tier 2, so will be 1 & 2 only.
But we know that, regardless of HoardForMyMatesGate, it did reach Tier 3 as some Tier 3s on here managed to get a ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports