[Albion] AEK Athens FC vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Cannot believe I am saying this, but, "Brighton are unbeaten in Europe", who would ever have dreamed of saying something like that five years ago.
😮
😮

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So if we finish 2nd in the group and lose the play off game we still go into the conference lge?
No - we are out.
Marseille vs Ajax now.

Not an important match for us, but it will determine whether we need to win or draw against Marseille in order to achieve top spot.
It is important - if Ajaz get a result we stand a much better chance of going straight through to the Round of 16 (and potentially avoiding two more games).

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
A word on Igor.

Not pretty, a bit clumsy, but he gets the job done. I bloody love him.
But one of the few that drove us forward at times. Ferguson will have nightmares about his missed chance. Sometimes you win but you don't deserve it, sometimes you lose when you deserve to win. Fortunately for us it was the former. hope Pedro is ok - looked like a dead buttock.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
So to Marseille at home …

I think we absolutely must beat them and finish top of our group to avoid the playoffs in February - with our fatigue and injury levels as they are, that is more overcrowding of the schedule we can do without.

Straight through to the round of 16 please in March

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports