Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens FC vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair play to AEK, that’s the strongest European performance we’ve been up against by a long way. We’ve been pretty average after a bright start but I back RDZ to see where we can get into them as we look a cut above on the ball. I’d def take Pedro off and put Dahoud in the middle as we’re losing too many battles in there and are looking slow. Good game of actual football.

Usual overreaction of the game on a match thread I see 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
AEK are shit in Europe, yet in the two games tear us apart. We make their forwards look world beaters. Verbruggen and Dunk have prevented a cricket score.
Mad isn't it. That no 5 looks.like a world beater. Crazy. Up the other end to me but thought fergie should have buried the early chance

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
defended well so far (touch wood). midfield has been a complete shitshow, again. not been able to build anything and not been able to stop anything in terms of AEK attacks. been nonexistent. Joao pedro woeful so far. everything has bounced off him. that said, we have looked dangerous in the AEK half. just a bit more precision and we could get something here

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
They did the exact same to us in the reverse game. They match our width when they don’t have the ball and completely nullify both of our wingers, and when we play into feet they win it back every time. Just don’t play wingers and play two number 10’s in the pockets and pack out the midfield!

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Possibly out worst performance of the season, other than Villa.
We cannot string more than 2 or 3 passes together. It all looks much more rushed than usual.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Lucky to be level. That half was tough viewing!
Not in the game after the first 5 minutes. RDZ will have a lot to say at HT, no doubt.
AEK look like a good side, but we’ve made them look better than they are

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
We’ve been terrible first half, lethargic, can’t keep the ball and not at the races generally. Surely RDZ needs to make changes. Nobody has been decent. Was Mitoma playing? How many times did Gross and Pedro give it away?

This will bring on Hinshelwood loads playing against Amrabat
How much would it cost us to buy him in the window, seems made to link up with our fleet foots. Are Athens that well off we couldn’t go in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here