Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens FC vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
Exactly that, Lucky. If things had turned sour there was definitely nowhere to go and absolutely no help at hand. Maybe they thought that paying 120 euros for the ticket entitled them to act the way they did.
AEK chose to sell me and others tickets in block 8 knowing we was UK based, I cheered on my team and I celebrated when we won.

Willie

Sep 3, 2023
AEK chose to sell me and others tickets in block 8 knowing we was UK based, I cheered on my team and I celebrated when we won.
Yeah, I get that.

I also feel incredibly grateful and lucky that AEK welcomed us into their home stand and as such I felt like we should behave how they and their fans expected us to. Without their help we wouldn't have been able to watch the match.

If nothing else it was culturally insensitive to behave in that way, you get respect when respect is given. Alcohol obviously played it's part but there were plenty of Brighton fans in Block 8 enjoying a drink whilst also showing respect for the AEK fans.

How would you feel if you had a gaggle of Crystal Palace fans drunkenly standing up and jeering behind you at the Amex in a game that Brighton were losing, but probably should be winning! Hmmm

In the end no harm was done but given what's happened before things could have turned out a lot differently.

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
Yeah, I get that.

I also feel incredibly grateful and lucky that AEK welcomed us into their home stand and as such I felt like we should behave how they and their fans expected us to. Without their help we wouldn't have been able to watch the match.

If nothing else it was culturally insensitive to behave in that way, you get respect when respect is given. Alcohol obviously played it's part but there were plenty of Brighton fans in Block 8 enjoying a drink whilst also showing respect for the AEK fans.

How would you feel if you had a gaggle of Crystal Palace fans drunkenly standing up and jeering behind you at the Amex in a game that Brighton were losing, but probably should be winning! Hmmm

In the end no harm was done but given what's happened before things could have turned out a lot differently.
Although I celebrated a lot I don't think I was disrespectful, I shook hands with the Greeks around me at full time and wished them well, hopefully they can go on and beat Villa in the Conference.

I don't think Brighton would sell 80-100 tickets in the east stand upper to people not on the database with Croydon addresses do you? At the of the day nothing happened, the AEK nutters got to fight the Police and we all got tear gassed, I loved it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For the completists among you and for those thinking of a return. (And for me clearly not prepared to put Athens to bed, just yet)

This is where me and Jnr went for early hours drinks after the game, round the corner from The Acropolis.
Lovely place, 'holiday poncy', great vibe, nice toilets with no erroneous step.

I'd highly recommend a visit, don't be put off by the slightly dodgy side street in which it's located.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here