Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Advice needed for Everton game

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I thought I saw the early ko would be shown on the stadium big screens to encourage people into their seats?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
We have never had a problem getting back to Brighton for a train by 6. Just make sure you leave on the whistle.
In fact we usually have time to re-stock supplies at the station as well before getting on the train.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I am coming down from Warwick on Saturday and will do the usual mill lane (or whatever it is called now) park and ride. Did this fill up really fast on Saturday?

My lad has been asking if the 12.30 kick off is available to watch anywhere at the ground. I assume due to covid they won’t be showing it in concourse etc. Is that correct?

Thanks

Yes. Its likely to be on the 2 big screens in the bowl. They trialled this with the community shield for the Getafe friendly.

el punal

Assuming the match ends at 4.55 pm, just have a pint or two in the concourse bar for half an hour then meander, stroll or stagger down the slope to Falmer Station around 5.30 for a train back to Brighton. By then most of the crowd would have gone so the queues will be minimal. Past experience tells me that you should get back to Brighton International quite comfortably for the Bullet Train back to the smoke.

Jul 7, 2003
I would suggest the Keep just before you go into Bridge Street car park

They had stopped people from being able to be picked up in that area.

Official club advice is:

There are no pick-up or drop-off points along Village Way or on Woollard Way (the entrance to the Bridge Car Park B). Supporters are advised to use our official drop-off and pick-up point at University of Sussex in Car Park 5, located by the Sports Hall.

This drop-off/pick-up point is a short walk through the underpass to the Amex Stadium.

There is no local street parking available for football supporters, as all areas close to the Amex have a residents parking scheme in operation and enforcement officers will be on patrol.

Village Way will be extremely busy and congested, and supporters are advised to avoid this area both before and after the match unless they have pre-booked parking.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm being picked up by my wife after the game (I normally p&r or park in Lewes). Any tips on where she could wait gratefully received. I'm assuming she won't get anywhere close to the Amex. I was thinking get the P&R back to mill road might be best?
In the early days my wife used to pick us up by the entrance to Stanmer Park where the lodge gates are. It was a doddle and we completely missed the traffic. Haven't done it for a few years, so I'm not sure what its like now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the early days my wife used to pick us up by the entrance to Stanmer Park where the lodge gates are. It was a doddle and we completely missed the traffic. Haven't done it for a few years, so I'm not sure what its like now.

Might be wrong, but think there might be something on in Stanmer Park on Saturday. Possibly involving live recital of Tubular Bells? Well that's the Argus banner that caught my eye. Tho being the Argus you can only read the first paragraph before you have to subscribe. I'm sure somebody on here will be along in a minute to confirm or otherwise

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I think there might be something on in Stanmer Park on Saturday. Possibly involving live recital of Tubular Bells? Well that's the Argus banner that caught my eye. Tho being the Argus you can only read the first paragraph before you have to subscribe

As long as it's not blood*y Pepper Pig, which stymied my access a few years ago with a festival in SP. Basta*d Pig.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I also travel from up North and have needed to get the train from Brighton just past 6pm - it should be easy looking at the timetables but I have missed it a couple of times and often only caught it with a few minutes to spare (and all the stress that entails). I tend not to get an advance ticket from London home now as the risk is too great of missing the train (as sometimes the train is delayed getting into London too).

On another note, does anyone know how late after the match the buses run back to Mill Road? I want to try and avoid the big queue but don't want to miss the last bus!

el punal

As long as it's not blood*y Pepper Pig, which stymied my access a few years ago with a festival in SP. Basta*d Pig.

On the subject on pigs - a few seasons ago I went to an evening fixture at the Amex and arrived just before kickoff. By the end of the game I was absolutely starving so went to one of the concourse kiosks. Any hot dogs - no, burgers - no, pies - no. So what have you got, I asked. Pulled pork bap, came the reply. Well I made the fatal error of saying yes. It was truly the most disgusting shit, covered in some sort of curry sauce, that I’ve ever had the misfortune to taste. Two bites of the turd in a bap and into the bin it went. F*** the pigs!! :sick:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
On the subject on pigs - a few seasons ago I went to an evening fixture at the Amex and arrived just before kickoff. By the end of the game I was absolutely starving so went to one of the concourse kiosks. Any hot dogs - no, burgers - no, pies - no. So what have you got, I asked. Pulled pork bap, came the reply. Well I made the fatal error of saying yes. It was truly the most disgusting shit, covered in some sort of curry sauce, that I’ve ever had the misfortune to taste. Two bites of the turd in a bap and into the bin it went. F*** the pigs!! :sick:

Many years ago at Deepdale, all they had was Pot Noodles. Trouble was, because of 'safety reasons' (as it was explained to me) they weren't allowed to put boiling water in it, just lukewarm stuff. So, I ended up with a sort of tasteless, half-warmed, part solid, grey sludgey stuff.

Not only did I not eat a Pot Noodle for at least 15 years after that (and then only because it was free), but I didn't buy food at a match again for a long long time.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just had a quick look and there's seven trains that will get you back to Brighton station for 6pm starting from the one that leaves Falmer at 16:50. Though you can never fully trust the trains not to screw up on the day, you'd have to be pretty unlucky not to make your 18:09 train IMHO. If you look to be cutting it fine, maybe spend the train journey back to Brighton checking the National Rail live departures so you know which platform you need to be aiming for when you get there. Sometimes if you're lucky the Falmer train pulls in right next to the London-bound train. Good luck!

I thought all those getting off from Falmer have to exit the station and then re-enter for other services!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thought all those getting off from Falmer have to exit the station and then re-enter for other services!

Yup, that's the usual case. But sometimes the Falmer train comes into platform 7 and there's a London train already boarding at platform 6. Especially after evening games I've often seen folks get straight off one and onto the other

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I also travel from up North and have needed to get the train from Brighton just past 6pm - it should be easy looking at the timetables but I have missed it a couple of times and often only caught it with a few minutes to spare (and all the stress that entails). I tend not to get an advance ticket from London home now as the risk is too great of missing the train (as sometimes the train is delayed getting into London too).

On another note, does anyone know how late after the match the buses run back to Mill Road? I want to try and avoid the big queue but don't want to miss the last bus!

Bumping this ..can’t help but maybe someone else can

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Bumping this ..can’t help but maybe someone else can

I normally stay about 45 mins, watch the highlights and have a pint or two. Queues for Mill Road gone, but not even close to last bus :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here