Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adrian Chiles replaced as ITV football host.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
No Champions League next year
No Premier League
No FA Cup.

So Mark Pougatch is presumably going to present Trabzonspor Versus a bunch of Part time Bulgarian window fitters in the UEFA cup to about 10 viewers. Whether he is any good or not, I won't notice.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
The saddest thing was that Chiles was very watchable on motd2, but ITV knocked any genuine humour out of him. His book "we don't know what we're doing" was, and still is, a very funny and poignant journal of a genuine fan. I won't miss him because he was god awful on ITV, but how much of that was down to ITV's production values over his perceived lack of personality? Time will tell I guess....

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Looks like a bunch of sex tourists:

article-2673689-1f3b2e8100000578-514_634x364-630x361.jpg

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The sad thing is that Mark Pougatch is excellent, and we all know that any football pundit or broadcaster that crosses to ITV will be transformed into a complete bell-end within six months. I don't know why, it's like the ITV bosses say "here, have a large sum of money - all we need from you is to act like a bit more of a tiresome prick".

Luckily our own dear old Des Lynam was able to avoid this tedious coming to pass, but even he went slightly downhill.

If anyone is given £5m their output would dip?

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
I was in India last week and watched a few Prem matches on 'Star Sports'. Which is kind of like their Sky. There was a lot of coverage and Pougatch was hosting with Andy Townsend doing the 'Gary Neville' role at the interactive board. I assume that it will be a production company that made these programs rather than ITV, but 'Townsend seemed to live on'. EDIT: Maybe this is just normal ITV coverage?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is also as some posters have pointed out because ITV's live football coverage in 2015/16 is, only England internationals home/away.

Europa League/Champions League - BT Sport
FA Cup - BT Sport/BBC
Prem League - Sky/BT Sport/ BBC (hightlights)
Football League/Championship - Sky/TBC (highlights) - deal currently being negotiated for highlights. rumours it could be C5.
European football leagues Sky/BT Sport

ITV2/4 also picks up one off coverage like for example the African Nations Cup.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
If it means Poogers will no longer work for 5 Live then it will be a big loss.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looks like they've run his contract down as they couldn't afford the compo payment if they had sacked him midway during the stint. :lol:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
On Radio 5 the other morning he was talking about hoarding items. He said 'I've got a pretty good pair of shoes which I never wear. I was thinking there ought to be some way I could pass them on to someone who would wear them'.
How about one of literally thousands of charity shops or clothes banks? DURR!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here