Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adopting another song/anthem

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Praise you obviously. But........ skip to 1.49! :lolol: Might have to update it from Sidwell. 'I love you Pedro...etc'.
Edit to add... FBS could do us a little mix and put in it 'put your hands up for Brighton' We could have a mini set, everyone knows the tunes from 1.49 on.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whilst I agree, I'd also say that's because the big screen has finally done it's job.

Our fans never used to know the words, we made our own words up. Now we actually sing a legendary Sussex battle song in time and with the right words, and it sounds f**king brilliant.
And we're going up
Till we win the cup
To win Division three

:facepalm:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Surely:
We are the cheeky girls, we are the cheeky girls,
You are the cheeky boys, you are the cheeky boys,
We are the cheeky girls, we are the cheeky girls,
you are the cheeky boys, you are the cheeky boys

alternated by the left and right side of the north stand with the East stand finishing with:

Come and smile, don't be shy,
Touch my bum, This is life.

I mean, COME ON, it's a stone cold winner.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
[Personal opinion only]
The music is generally shite, and played to encourage kids and old dears.

Hey Jude -A great band, but playing it right up to kick off esp when we’re playing Everton or Liverpool is cringey

Freed From Desire - A fine song but it’s been done to death by everyone.

Sweet Caroline - I’m a Neil Diamond fan but fuckin ell when they played it the other night I was trying to get out of earshot with as much
effort as I used trying to escape the tear gas.

Ring Of Fire - Why?

There are so many uplifting FBS tracks or give Royal Blood a good airing (and I’m not even a massive fan) or if we really must use the old ones what about True Faith, Love Spreads or that Utah Saints one, Something’s Gonna Happen (?)

Personally I’d get this blasted out

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Praise you obviously. But........ skip to 1.49! :lolol: Might have to update it from Sidwell. 'I love you Pedro...etc'.
Edit to add... FBS could do us a little mix and put in it 'put your hands up for Brighton' We could have a mini set, everyone knows the tunes from 1.49 on.

You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of youYou'd be like Heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last, love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you

der da der da etc……

His name’s Jõao Pedro
He’s Brightons number 9
His name’s Jõao Pedro
He’ll beat you every time
His name’s Jõao Pedro
scoring goals for fun.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
In tune - easy to follow, not many words; why doesn't it come out more often?

Do other clubs have it?
I think our singing is at its best when there is a sense of injustice. We aren't great are singing when we're doing ok, but give us a dodgy sending off or an ignored foul or opposition fans whistling when we have the ball, we come alive.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I love GOSBTS its our anthem always has bee always should be and it being played as the teams come out.

We do need some new songs one for the end of the game and that’s where Praise You fits its the right temp with all the Brighton links you could wish for.

What We really could do with are some new songs that the fans can sing mid game

elgordohill

Jul 21, 2014

Something from a local band?

Do you want to go to the seaside?
When the Albion play everybody wants to come
You’ll fall in love with the Seagulls
The football you’ll see is the best in all the land

We’re just trying to show you how the game should be played
And you’ll find it hard to beat us
When you're so far away
Away

Do you want to go to the seaside?
I'm not trying to say that everybody wants to come

But I fell in love on the Seagulls

With Seagulls

On the seaside

(Followed by)

Sea, sea, Seasiders
Sea, sea, Seasiders

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
A Liverpool supporting mate went to the Marseille home game this week and said our songs in general are awful.
Albion, Albion, Albion is ours but it's just about all we have.......reality is our song repitoire is so poor

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A Liverpool supporting mate went to the Marseille home game this week and said our songs in general are awful.
Albion, Albion, Albion is ours but it's just about all we have.......reality is our song repitoire is so poor
Actually the version of Albion we sing these days is derivative of Liverpool, Liverpool they sing.

Our version used to be to the tune of 'Here we go' , so quicker and leas of a drone. I wish we'd sing that version these days

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Southend used to play a genuinely shocking burst of what sounded like 'knees up, mother Brown' every time they scored a goal. Which, on one occasion I went to Roots Hall, was several times. My will to live actually started writing me a farewell letter. Was that when I drove there with @Papa Lazarou in one of the clapped out cars I owned before I paid of my debts? Can't even have been in this century. Crikey.

Back to the main theme of the thread, what better than this from local band The Last Cry. This is absolutely epic. And the singer is an albion supporter and is on NSC. And there is no complicated series of notes to baffle the tone deaf, who struggle even with the n n-n-n n n-n-n-n-n in the Billy G chant.

One of the slowest journeys through East London ever. Fact!

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Oh yeah it is, i remember an FC United fan commenting when we played them in Bury (admittedly there was only about 250 of us) that we had a “tired old songbook” 🤣

Anyhoo I don’t lose sleep over it, I do my bit, I join in when I can, I abstain if it’s shit (a song about Tony Bloom pleasuring himself isn’t in my top 10 🤣)

Sometimes you have to admit defeat, and accept that sometimes the atmosphere’s shite. I’m not falling out with anyone over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here