Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adopting another song/anthem

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
For obvious reasons GOSBTS will always be our song when the team comes out but watching Forest last night and how they belt out mull of kintyre and clubs like Hibs with sunshine on leigh it got me thinking whether there was another song we could adopt perhaps at final whistle or as well as GOSBT

Fatboy slim's praise you always feels a good fit for us with his links to the club city. The lyrics seems to echo our journey.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Mull of Kintyre, written by a Scouser about an Island in Scotland
How's that a Nottingham Anthem ???

No idea but it sounds pretty decent when they blast it out.

I'm not really one for organised songs but I think if GOSBT was proceeded by something easy to sing, like praise you it might encourage more to join in, also might wake the crowd up before the team comes out

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I always feel that simple chants/songs create the best atmosphere.

I took my Arsenal and Swindon mates to that 1 nil home defeat to Burnley back in the championship days when the whole stadium sang the Great escape. They both said it sounded incredible and asked of it was always sang when we went a goal down.....for some reason it never caught on.

There was people that I sat around who barely whispered Albion at games who joined in for ages

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Mull of Kintyre, written by a Scouser about an Island in Scotland
How's that a Nottingham Anthem ???
Must have been something around their golden years. It was number 1 at the end of 1977.

I'm not a fan of unoriginal songs, they are so DULL. Even too dull for me.

GOSBTS, l love hearing that belted out. It's about Sussex, it's ours.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I always imagine bananarama's Robert deniro when I think of RDZ but that song might be step too far 😀

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would have to be by a Brighton band and Tom Hark is the obvious one but everyone uses that. So I would nominate anything by Peter and the Test Tube Babies. Elvis is Dead is catchy :)
:lolol: The John Peel session version, obviously.

(Look it up, kids; it's a fine homage to the great American warbler)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I love belting out Freed From Desire, absolutely no meaning or context to anything Albion related, but just love it...
I do too, however I am unsure about my feelings about the song, do I simply love it as it is associated with our success?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Everton play awful songs for about 10 minutes before the team come out. Sound like a scouse Chas and Dave.
Southend used to play a genuinely shocking burst of what sounded like 'knees up, mother Brown' every time they scored a goal. Which, on one occasion I went to Roots Hall, was several times. My will to live actually started writing me a farewell letter. Was that when I drove there with @Papa Lazarou in one of the clapped out cars I owned before I paid of my debts? Can't even have been in this century. Crikey.

Back to the main theme of the thread, what better than this from local band The Last Cry. This is absolutely epic. And the singer is an albion supporter and is on NSC. And there is no complicated series of notes to baffle the tone deaf, who struggle even with the n n-n-n n n-n-n-n-n in the Billy G chant.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I love belting out Freed From Desire, absolutely no meaning or context to anything Albion related, but just love it...
I sing whoever has scored - eg Fergi's on fire , your defence is terrified..

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Must have been something around their golden years. It was number 1 at the end of 1977.

I'm not a fan of unoriginal songs, they are so DULL. Even too dull for me.

GOSBTS, l love hearing that belted out. It's about Sussex, it's ours.
They’re not the only ones who sing it though. Charlton have been singing it for decades “mist rolling in from the Thames..” obvs in their version.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here