Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Admin watch - QPR

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
One of the journalists I follow on twitter mentioned something about the questionable finances, and suggested the FA should go over their accounts, but I can't find those tweets now.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The wily old dog knows how to put pressure on the owners though doesn't he. A well-timed decision to have 2 goalies on the bench in the week as a statement of "look how short of players we are" despite Hughes signing a player a week last summer.

This, I know the manager does not deal with the contracts and transfer fees but he does seem to be the only constant in a string of failures. Fernandes is gambling on staying up if it goes pear shaped he will walk taking the parachute payments leaving the debt and wage bill with the club.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Amazing how businessmen, who have made billions leave their brains at home when they buy football clubs, QPR are a nice small (family club), it's all they will ever be, they have a small fanbase and small ground (by prem standards) and no amount of money will change that, bar about a billion quid and I doubt even Frenandez is that daft - all he is doing is making Harry and all the players he signs very rich and achieving nothing, even if they stay in the prem, so what, all the money goes in wages to overpaid players who only go there for the money knowing they won't win bugger all - they would be much better off back in the championship living in hope, rather than chasing a never achievable dream.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we've learned one thing I hope it's to have relegation clauses in the contracts for release or wage reductions if we go down.
Many players will jump ship if that is the case , if not they will stay and pick up their obscene wages knowing it will screw up the club.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Harry will only spend what the owner lets him spend. He is just the manager, whether or not qpr is in the shit in 5years time is irellevant to him. If it does go titts up the the blame falls on the owner not H

No, I think many people have already seen the link between Harry and clubs that subsequently end up in the financial mire, with him long gone.

D

Deleted member 22389

Amazing how businessmen, who have made billions leave their brains at home when they buy football clubs, QPR are a nice small (family club), it's all they will ever be, they have a small fanbase and small ground (by prem standards) and no amount of money will change that, bar about a billion quid and I doubt even Frenandez is that daft - all he is doing is making Harry and all the players he signs very rich and achieving nothing, even if they stay in the prem, so what, all the money goes in wages to overpaid players who only go there for the money knowing they won't win bugger all - they would be much better off back in the championship living in hope, rather than chasing a never achievable dream.

He would have more fun sticking his money in to a non league club and watching them rise through the leagues because the money spent on players would have been enough to build a brand new stadium. That is how out of control players wages are.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Loftus Road capacity 18,360 being generous average ticket price £40 = £734,400 per game, x 19 home games a season = £13,953,600. QPR have got to sell a lot of pies and programmes to keep the books straight.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
And only a few months back he was moaning that too many players at the club being paid massive wages etc. Then signs Remy and Samba on £75K and more a week :facepalm:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Loftus Road capacity 18,360 being generous average ticket price £40 = £734,400 per game, x 19 home games a season = £13,953,600. QPR have got to sell a lot of pies and programmes to keep the books straight.

Add on the £15 million or so for parachute payments assuming they do go down (although presumably it'll lower their gate).

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
But people here were arguing with me that QPRs owners were trillionaires and no amount of spending was going to cause them bother.......

If they go down they are the next Pompey. Fact.

Your right. Their owner must have seriously deep pockets. He must be paying out millions a week to keep that club going. It's a joke on attendances of 17k.

The 34% owner is Lakshmi Mittal, currently valued at $20.1 billion. Forbes rates him as the 21st richest person on the planet, as of March 2012. However, his fortune seems to dropped significantly from 2011, where he was rated 6th with $31.1 billion.

On the other hand the majority owner, Tony Fernandes, is only worth $470 million, and it's probably him bearing the brunt. Not sure how much Mittal will want to chip in with only a 34% stake.

By the way for comparison Abramovich is ranked 68th as of last March, with a worth of $12.1 billion. That's also down from 2011, where he was ranked 53rd with $13.4 billion.

So anyway, potentially deep pockets, but depends how much the minority stakeholder wants to chip in.

D

Deleted member 2719

Used to like QPR, now that Harry's there i hope they flump big time and ruin harry so called fire fighter reputation.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
People getting very twitchy because we know it's not sustainable but we are shipping out players as well ... Ferdinand, Cisse, Faurlin and others and Nelsen has gone. If we go down, there will only be a handful of players contracted to the club by the end of the 2014 season so may not be quite the disaster people are talking about. It's a massive gamble on staying up but 6 points from January, undefeated in the league against Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham and Man City is a good start. I think Wigan were in exactly the same position as us last season after 24 games and they stayed up so we're not doomed just yet.

If we've learned one thing I hope it's to have relegation clauses in the contracts for release or wage reductions if we go down.

I hope you're right on that last point. The big fear is that the management team are a bit naive and focused on the short-term. Obviously you want to stay up, but wanting to stay up and needing to stay up are two different things. If the relegation clauses aren't there then you need to stay up to avoid major damage.

I'll just be so bloody angry if it is a case of another 'here today, gone tomorrow' owner/chairman who is treating a club like his personal play thing for a few years. One of the reassuring things about Tony Bloom is that his family have been involved with the club for generations.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Redknapp on London Calling now talking about Samba - he was very unhappy in Russia, wanted to come back to be nearer to family, claims to not know the details other than he's taken a massive pay cut to join QPR. Crouch is not coming. Trying to get loans for Jenas and Andros Townsend from Spurs.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'd love to spend someone else's money as freely as Harry does with clubs he's been at! If they get relegated half of these new signings will be back out the door again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here