Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adidas next year

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I'd be more than happy with a shirt like this.....looks much better than what we're wearing this year.

Adidas_Striped_Estro_13_SS_Z56966.png

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd be more than happy with a shirt like this.....looks much better than what we're wearing this year.

View attachment 44155

Exactly. Stick the badge and the sponsor on, and it's a good, simple kit. Like it.

Better still though, if we could persuade adidas to use their PROPER (trefoil) logo.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
nothing official and its just hear say
I believe Barber has narrowed it down to two companies now, I'd imagine they'd be big ones.
Friend does all kits for Nike even palarses.

Will have a word but he hasn't mentioned anything which he would have if they were interested.
i don't know if it is Nike, it's my guess. Business wise, makes sense. Kids will buy anything Nike or Adidas, so that's hat I've narrowed it down too. I hope the Adidas one will be like stoke's.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'd imagine the club will go for the most financially attractive option. Adidas/Nike/Puma, ie the top names, may not give the best margins as they don't have to. Wed be small fry to the big boys, United, Liverpool etc sell more kit in a week around the world than we would ever sell in one year. However, someone like Errea, Joma, Under Armour etc might be more inclined to make the deal better for the Albion just to get their name associated with a club on the up. That and we'd get a unique, personalised kit.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This argument doesn't really bother me in the slightest. If the kit looks good, then the kit looks good. It doesn't really matter if three others teams in Europe wear a similar design (in different colours, with different sponsors, different club badge and different arm patches).

Let's be honest, it's not the end of the world. It makes no great difference to our lives.

I think what annoys me more is the who idea behind it. Agreeing to line the pockets of a company like Adidas just for them to put our badge on some teamwear annoys me.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I hate teamwear kits, but I would make exception if we had West Brom's away kit next season:

West-Bromwich-Albion-13-14-adidas-away-football-shirt-a.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I hate teamwear kits, but I would make exception if we had West Brom's away kit next season:

I don't think that is teamwear, Adidas striped teamwear kits at the moment are Estro and Stricon, this is neither. Don't think Stokes or Sunderlands kits are teamwear either, certainly not Estro or Stricon. Perhaps they will become teamwear at a later time, just like our last one will probably become for Errea.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
no thank you, I like errea tbh
Seriously? Are you not fed up with the badges fading with washing? This has happened to my last 3 Albion shirts and that includes the pretty gold Championship sleeve badges. I refuse to buy another full price Albion shirt until they change the manufacturer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Seriously? Are you not fed up with the badges fading with washing? This has happened to my last 3 Albion shirts and that includes the pretty gold Championship sleeve badges. I refuse to buy another full price Albion shirt until they change the manufacturer.

The badges are not made by Errea, they are made by the same company that makes badges for hundreds if not thousands of football teams around the world. It's a process called Lextra, and is used for all teams league sleeve badges, all Premier League sleeve badges and countless team badges and team crests, all over the world. If they are falling off/fading on your shirts, then there is no other explanation than you are washing/treating them wrongly. The club has huge washing and pressing machines that are used on the teams kit, the badges are rarely if ever seen failing on them. FWIW, not one single one of my Errea shirts shows any sign of the team or sleeve badges failing, i have a matchworn shirt from the West Ham FA Cup game, one of the Coca Cola patches is damaged, but this was match related. I do concur though, the early Skint heat pressed logos do have some cracking on one of my light blue/white striped shirts, the one I wore all season home and away.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
It is not just mine. It's been happening to my brothers' and my nephew's and yet it has never happened to any of my England shirts or other clubs that I've visited and bought the home shirt as a memo. IE Celtic, Malaga, Bordeaux. It has also never happen to my England or Harlequins rugby shirts (Nike, Kooga).

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

West-Bromwich-Albion-13-14-adidas-away-football-shirt-a.jpg

Isn't that pretty much what we have now except the Adidas stripes down the arm?

The crest looks oddly positioned as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here