Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Webster *** Signed on 4 year deal ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Or it’s just bolleaux

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so!

£20m, as sickening as it sounds, is what it costs to get the best Championship players 2019.

I know we say it every year but it's madness. 20 million pounds for a second tier defender! It's only three years ago that we broke our transfer record by paying what at the time was a whopping 4million for Shane Duffy. I find it hard to believe that this lad is five times the player Duffy is. Or that he'll contribute five times as much to the team.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He has been linked to a number of Prem clubs. Do some research if you can be bothered.
He was voted City's Player of the Year last year and is very highly rated as a ball playing CH. who can also play midfield.
At only 24 he is already an excellent player, just up Potter's street and has the potential to improve.
If we paid circa £20m plus add-ons and got £45m for Dunk, I reckon that would be a handy piece of business, enabling us to have a bit more dosh to strengthen wherever Potter deems necessary.
You can't always take one player's value to the team in isolation. You can sell one very highly valued player and purchase two highly valued players and increase the overall strength of the team.

Dude. You must be on the happy pills. Which is fine. No judgement here.

Or you can sell your best player, pick up an inferior Championship defender and buy a Jurgen Locadia and an Alireza Jahanbaksh

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Blimey TSB, are you for real?
I don't think I have ever seen you post something positive about the club you purport to support.
You must be a joy to live with!

If you dont have at least one grumpy old supporter complaining about everything, then you're not doing things right.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
[Tweet] 1156210381699932160 [/Tweet]

I'm sure that there is logic to our transfer policy, but I'm not sure I understand it at this moment. Does this mean that Webster is not being brought in to replace Dunk, or are the two unrelated?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Dude. You must be on the happy pills. Which is fine. No judgement here.

Or you can sell your best player, pick up an inferior Championship defender and buy a Jurgen Locadia and an Alireza Jahanbaksh

Not on happy pills, TSB , I just try and look at things in a logical manner and I also have more faith than you do in the board and management to do the right thing by the club.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
If Leicester dig their heels in with Maguire, this deal will not be happening...long way to go yet.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
[Tweet] 1156210381699932160 [/Tweet]

I'm sure that there is logic to our transfer policy, but I'm not sure I understand it at this moment. Does this mean that Webster is not being brought in to replace Dunk, or are the two unrelated?

Makes way for a back three of Webster-Dunk-Duffy, whilst not hindering the development of Matt Clarke and lets us test how good he is, baring in mind the highest level he has played at is league 1. If he shines in the championship, we can sell Dunk/Duffy next summer and have a natural replacement in Clarke. Smart business.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Makes way for a back three of Webster-Dunk-Duffy, whilst not hindering the development of Matt Clarke and lets us test how good he is, baring in mind the highest level he has played at is league 1. If he shines in the championship, we can sell Dunk/Duffy next summer and have a natural replacement in Clarke. Smart business.

yeah makes sense.

Good for Clarke to test himself next level

I'm sure TSB will be along shortly

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We'll also have Ben 'Baresi' White back next season.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If you dont have at least one grumpy old supporter complaining about everything, then you're not doing things right.

Agreed Swansman, but dear old Trustee Savings Bank, really takes the biscuit.
He reminds me of an old boy I used to get the train with back in the early 1960's; he never had a good word to say about Archie Macaulay or the players, but without hearing his moans, it wouldn't have been a true match day experience! I am 71 now and still look back and chuckle!

M.D

Jan 15, 2015
Bristol City fan living in Brighton, Webster is top draw and yes that's over priced but who isn't at the moment. BC paid Ipswich a reported £3.8M for him 12 months ago with a reported 20 percent on the profit made in future transfers so Bristol City would want a high price to pay that off.

Last season, Oli McBurnie, the Swansea striker was asked who the best centre half he played against in the Championship and he replied "Bristol City's Kalas and Webster, I never got a look in" so Potter knows all about Webster..

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Could it be that we want to play 3-4-3 but need better than Burn/Clarke/Bernardo to make it work?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here