Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Webster - our next England centre back

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Webster being out for weeks has changed my mindset on the Palace match. How lucky can those twats get?
Is it just me or is he bordering on being labelled ‘injury prone’ now?

If he is - then Lamptey is a crock.

Think you are being harsh, both were impact injuries were they not?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he is - then Lamptey is a crock.

Think you are being harsh, both were impact injuries were they not?

I think Webster kicked the ball and then went down clutching his thigh? Zero contact with another player…I don’t think

Jimmy Grimble

We will miss his pace. I think we will soon find out how much Potter and co. rate Roberts as a potential first team player.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We'll miss him versus the twats. WOuld have been good V Mr Tumble although Veltman as part of a back 3 is great. For the Palace game i'd be tempted to play March RWB (although fear for Cucarella in that game) as he gets the rivalrly and is good against Tumble. Anyway, Leicester first. Fancy us to get a positive result. We certainly owe them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We'll miss him versus the twats. WOuld have been good V Mr Tumble although Veltman as part of a back 3 is great. For the Palace game i'd be tempted to play March RWB (although fear for Cucarella in that game) as he gets the rivalrly and is good against Tumble. Anyway, Leicester first. Fancy us to get a positive result. We certainly owe them.

Why would you fear for Cucurella? I think he’s a right little shit destined to become a cult hero, hopefully starting in the Palace game

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Why would you fear for Cucurella? I think he’s a right little shit destined to become a cult hero, hopefully starting in the Palace game

Hopefully he's about to take over from The Greyhound as winder-up in chief of SEGW.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Bad news. Some big games in that. Get well soon Adam

Good news is Burn is back in contention.

I also can't help but think just how much Haydon Roberts would balance that back 3. Possibly freeing up Veltman to play Right Wing Back. Gross is out as well of course

I am expecting the Computer to be RWB on Sunday

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

Think he could be found a bit wanting by the pace and power they've got. He got bullied a couple of times V Brentford including a centre back just powering past him (dribbling) in the first half. That said, yeah once he's used to the PL he could be a bit of a cult legend.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any word on when Webster is back? I've probably missed something Potter has said but thought he was due back now?

Graham Potter said he was back training pre Norwich, so I'd expect him to feature in the squad soon.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Who gets dropped when he’s ready to start .or will he have to bide his time on the bench?

Someone not named Dunk.

Will maybe get eased in this time around rather than rushed as when he came back in the spring. Might be on the bench against City & Pool, then return to the starting eleven against Leicester in the Caravan Cup and keep his place after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here