Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Lallana

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Doing OK, but no more than that given his salary and signing on fee. He needs to contribute more goal wise (either scoring or by assist). Hopefully there is far more to come. 1 goal and one assist with shooting and crossing accuracy both of 17 per cent are not that impressive stats

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One of the best we've ever had at controlling and distributing the ball whilst in tight spaces.

Really good at passing to awkward/unexpected angles whilst under pressure.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Doing OK, but no more than that given his salary and signing on fee. He needs to contribute more goal wise (either scoring or by assist). Hopefully there is far more to come. 1 goal and one assist with shooting and crossing accuracy both of 17 per cent are not that impressive stats

You shouldn't get obsessed with his goal and assist stats. His off the ball play is magnificent, creates so much space when he sucks in his opponents. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's the cleverest player we've got.

We're lucky to have him.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
You shouldn't get obsessed with his goal and assist stats. His off the ball play is magnificent, creates so much space when he sucks in his opponents. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's the cleverest player we've got.

We're lucky to have him.

Not obsessed and I agree he is clever. He needs to deliver more at the sharp end though where we are lacking. Hopefully he will. Let's see him star against Chelsea !!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not obsessed and I agree he is clever. He needs to deliver more at the sharp end though where we are lacking. Hopefully he will. Let's see him star against Chelsea !!

He may not have the assists, but I'd suggest it's no coincidence that performances and results have improved since he's been starting regularly.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I feel his best asset to us is exactly what he points out in that video. Sometimes we play with naivety, get a bit panicky, and give away possession in dangerous areas. He has been quick to notice these moments, keeps a calm head to pick out a pass that alleviates this, or quickly gets himself onto the ball when we do lose it. Numerous times in the Everton game we looked nervous on the ball or we gave it away completely and he quickly fixed the problem with pass into space or closing down the opposition player who'd nicked the ball off us.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
His quick feet are a wonder to behold and I think his experience and calm nature make him a great addition to our squad. Fitness was always going to be the issue, but he must be positive influence even when he isn't fully fit.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I feel his best asset to us is exactly what he points out in that video. Sometimes we play with naivety, get a bit panicky, and give away possession in dangerous areas. He has been quick to notice these moments, keeps a calm head to pick out a pass that alleviates this, or quickly gets himself onto the ball when we do lose it. Numerous times in the Everton game we looked nervous on the ball or we gave it away completely and he quickly fixed the problem with pass into space or closing down the opposition player who'd nicked the ball off us.

I agree, he calms our midfield down and often fixes mistakes .

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
Agreed and in my opinion I think Biss has been the biggest benefactor from the Lallana performances enabling him to reach his current levels of excellence

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
According to the Potter press conference yesterday he's not been training this week, tight calf... Would be surprised to see him start tomorrow. Ali Mac time perhaps?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You say that and yet some people on here thought Biss wasn't playing very well recently as he had his mind set on a move already! :ffsparr:

Clubs are chasing Biss and White , the perpetual struggle to wrest Dunk off us is probably on going , could be a pretty gutsy off season and a good time to stay well clear of this board .....in TB we trust , he has made a huge investment in the club and to see him claw 100-150 million back ??? well you couldn't really begrudge him could you ....if he thinks that's the correct thing to do at this or any point in time .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
According to the Potter press conference yesterday he's not been training this week, tight calf... Would be surprised to see him start tomorrow. Ali Mac time perhaps?

He was very good against Leeds in the return fixture. They’ll give him room to really express himself.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Or a chance to see Moder in his preferred position?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If we are going to play the midfield diamond we did today this season, then Lallana will be crucial.

He’s made for that position, played really well today and heavily involved in the first 2 goals finding intelligent pockets of spcae and using the ball superbly.

The other bonus of playing that system is that position is also ideal for Mac Allister so when Lallana is not fit, Alexis can slot straight in with a view to being first choice there in the long run.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If we are going to play the midfield diamond we did today this season, then Lallana will be crucial.

He’s made for that position, played really well today and heavily involved in the first 2 goals finding intelligent pockets of spcae and using the ball superbly.

The other bonus of playing that system is that position is also ideal for Mac Allister so when Lallana is not fit, Alexis can slot straight in with a view to being first choice there in the long run.

He’s an absolute joy to watch……

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here