Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lallana has made a total of 54 appearances in all competitions in the last three seasons.
He was a very average “Nice guy” at LFC. Forget the sales blurb, he’s 32 on an estimated 90k(?) a week on a three year contract.
Congratulations to the lads agent, but this is an awful signing for Brighton.
If he had joined a top ten team he would have looked half decent for 10 games a season. We need him to be playing 30 odd games a season at the bottom end of the table.
I just think we would have been far better sifting out some of the younger players who GP could have moulded, much in the way that JK has done.

FFS! He's played 22 times this season for the runaway Prem Champions, World Club Champions, he's been injury'free for 2 years and he's joined us for free.

Even on 90K a week over 3 years he'll cost us under £15mill. Compare that to Ali J or Locadia's transfer fee and wages.

Briliant business by the club. Fortunately I think most fans get this.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I have been saying this. Simply doesn't do it for me. His stats for the last few years are shocking. Myself i cannot wet my pants like most on here over this signing.
I'm hoping he can stay free from injury. Massive chunk eaten into our budget on a player way past his best.

There’s a difference between a small fish in a big pond, and being the big fish in the small pond.

We lack some experience in this squad and we are balancing this out a bit more.

Given Duffy & Murray are probably off, we lack leaders and it sounds like we have just gained one.

You can’t learn much from Lallana last 2 years at Liverpool as they are in a different universe to where we are

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
So, genuine question, where has this £90k a week come from?!

Sorry, that’s what he was on at LFC. I don’t know what he’s on at Brighton but would imagine it would be the same as Dunk? To be honest does it matter? The club will pay his wages not us. He may well help the youngsters to develop but he may also show them greener fields elsewhere, who knows?
I just hope he lives up to the hype.
Should also say I enjoyed his time at the Reds.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
FFS! He's played 22 times this season for the runaway Prem Champions, World Club Champions, he's been injury'free for 2 years and he's joined us for free.

Even on 90K a week over 3 years he'll cost us under £5mill. Compare that to Ali J or Locadia.

All bar one I’d guess.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have been saying this. Simply doesn't do it for me. His stats for the last few years are shocking. Myself i cannot wet my pants like most on here over this signing.
I'm hoping he can stay free from injury. Massive chunk eaten into our budget on a player way past his best.

You’ll never see him live so won’t be able to give a fair view really - TV highlights don’t give the full picture...

We’re you at the Withdean game towards the end of our title season under Poyet?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I have never suggested that we would or could sign him just that we can dream about such signings as he is far better than any midfielder that we have, although we have yet to see Macallister play for us. To sign such a player would mean us moving up to the next level.

Hope he’s right about that! :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry, that’s what he was on at LFC. I don’t know what he’s on at Brighton but would imagine it would be the same as Dunk? To be honest does it matter? The club will pay his wages not us. He may well help the youngsters to develop but he may also show them greener fields elsewhere, who knows?
I just hope he lives up to the hype.
Should also say I enjoyed his time at the Reds.

Don’t get the negativity here. Loads of random fans, including palace mates, have said what a good signing he is. The fact it’s on a free makes it even less of a risk. I doubt he’ll be on silly money - maybe a silly signing on fee but that’s football now I’m afraid.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Don’t get the negativity here. Loads of random fans, including palace mates, have said what a good signing he is. The fact it’s on a free makes it even less of a risk. I doubt he’ll be on silly money - maybe a silly signing on fee but that’s football now I’m afraid.

It’s football, of course he will be :lol:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

Even on 90K a week over 3 years he'll cost us under £5mill. Compare that to Ali J or Locadia.

Could add both European and Supercup to that list. I have watched about every game LFC have played for years so please don’t tell me how good he was at Liverpool. At Brighton he will asked to perform under different conditions and expectations. He is a very emotional young lad who can get easily bullied.
I honestly do not think it’s brilliant business but only time will tell.
By the way, bringing up AJ Ann’s Locardia just highlights some other poor decisions and do not really support your argument.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There’s a difference between a small fish in a big pond, and being the big fish in the small pond.

We lack some experience in this squad and we are balancing this out a bit more.

Given Duffy & Murray are probably off, we lack leaders and it sounds like we have just gained one.

You can’t learn much from Lallana last 2 years at Liverpool as they are in a different universe to where we are

As the Scouse bloke says i would rather sign young hungry players. Lallana has hardly kicked a ball and at 32 with a contract until 35 i think the club has made a big mistake.

I'm just glad no fee was involved. Doesn't matter how you spin it this signing worries me.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I had Stephens as MOTM yesterday and he has looked superb since lockdown has ended, revelling in having runners in front of him. Sadly, I fancy time's up for Gross.

I agree. There is a certain type of match - ugly ones - where Stephens, for all his faults, still has great value.
He shouldn’t Start every game though.
I think both Gross and Mooy are on borrowed time.
If we can get 10m plus for Propper he should go too. He will shine at a strong club in a weak league. He’s not a good fit for us.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Even on 90K a week over 3 years he'll cost us under £15mill. Compare that to Ali J or Locadia's transfer fee and wages.

:lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As the Scouse blokes says i would rather sign young hungry players. Lallana has hardly kicked a ball and at 32 with a contract until 35 i think the club has made a big mistake.

I'm just glad no fee was involved. Doesn't matter how you spin it this signing worries me.

Norwich had a squad of young hungry players, didn’t do them very well. I’d say Lallana is hungry with the lack of game time he’s probably had. I trust Bloom, Barber, Ashworth & Potter on this one as we have definitely lacked some experience.

What did you think of Upson & Bridge as soon as we signed them out of interest ?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Could add both European and Supercup to that list. I have watched about every game LFC have played for years so please don’t tell me how good he was at Liverpool. At Brighton he will asked to perform under different conditions and expectations. He is a very emotional young lad who can get easily bullied.
By the way, bringing up AJ Ann’s Locardia just highlights some other poor decisions and do not really support your argument.

Just spat my coffee out over the keyboard:p

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

he is 32 for christs sake.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
As the Scouse bloke says i would rather sign young hungry players. Lallana has hardly kicked a ball and at 32 with a contract until 35 i think the club has made a big mistake.

You don't think there needs to be a balance? Just young players nothing else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here