Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam johnson sacked

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ched Evans decision put back to as soon as possible in April. What does this indicate good or bad news for him? I think bad as had it been good they would, I should have thought, given it immediately. to save more money if he sues for wrongful arrest.

I don't see how it would save money. He's not currently under arrest so, it's not like these extra days would be considered in the compensation. I suspect it is simply a complex case that they want to make sure they are confident they have given it proper consideration.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Agreed, he has been. The initial post of mine you quoted did say (I hope) that it's this treatment happening prior to any verdict being handed down that makes me uncomfortable, not afterwards (though maybe it should).

Ah yes, I read that as sentencing, apologies.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The count he was convicted on, was sexual touching - penetration with his fingers. So we do know for sure that he touched her.

We definitely don't know that for sure do we... (he denies it)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was convicted which means the jury believed the prosecution case. He was found guilty.

Yes I'm well aware of that. But again, unless he admits it there is always no 100% truth is there. Jury's can get things wrong and it was his word against hers. So your sentence 'So we do know for sure that he touched her.' is completely wrong.

I'm sounding like I'm standing up for him now when I'm really not! :lol:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Only slightly less than McCormick the drink driver who killed two children and the same as Lee Hughes who killed someone drink driving. Staggering, not defending Johnson just to clarify, he deserved a sentence but this seems absolutely ridiculous to me IMO.

Wizard,you may well call my cynical,but what 'did' Hughes in the eyes of the law was running away IMHO.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Has it not become a media circus ? Yes he did wrong and from what little i know never really genuinely showed any remorse. Still can't help think it,s bit of a show trial ?

wait for the mirror and the sun showing exclusive pictures of "lagg" adam johnson........sowing mail bags , making coat-hangers or tending the governers vegetable garden.....!! very sad stae of affairs indeed......his life in tatters and probably a young girl scarred for life but with a nice big criminal compo pay out i'm sure she'll get well eventually........possibly in spain or portugal......with her folks...:thumbsup:

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
This sentence seems way over the top. A former work colleague got 4 years 9 months for grooming a 13 year old on the Internet and travelling to meet her to have sex in a hotel room. There is no suggestion that AJ did anything that bad.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
This sentence seems way over the top. A former work colleague got 4 years 9 months for grooming a 13 year old on the Internet and travelling to meet her to have sex in a hotel room. There is no suggestion that AJ did anything that bad.

I am sure that the judge added on some time to the sentence given Johnson's profile and celebrity, and that as footballer he is a role model for many. I think he said as much in his comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here