Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam johnson sacked

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I tend to agree as I snogged a 15 year old when 31 and she said she was 21:glare:
It happens that's for sure

I don't know the textbook definition but I think it's highly unlikely that a kiss constitutes sexual activity in relation to this part of law. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
"Adam Johnson has been sacked by Sunderland after pleading guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child and one charge of grooming."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35546894

I don't think there will be a long trial given he pleaded guilty - just a sentence.

...and no he can't play left back.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...ng-and-sexual-activity-with-a-child-1-7728932

Adam Johnson has been sacked by Sunderland AFC after pleading guilty to grooming and sexual activity with a schoolgirl.

The 28-year-old, of Castle Eden, east Durham, admitted the charges at a hearing at Bradford Crown Court on Wednesday.

Johnson denies two further counts of sexual acitvity with a child and is due to face a trial which begins tomorrow.

A statement released by the club tonight read: "In light of Adam Johnson's guilty pleas, the club has today terminated his contract with immediate effect.

"The club will make no further comment."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He has pleaded guilty :moo:

He has pleaded guilty to two counts, but not guilty to two further counts.

I thought it was to 1 offense and not guilty to 2 or 3 others more serious. On which a verdict will be sought from a jury.
Nearly right.

"Adam Johnson has been sacked by Sunderland after pleading guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child and one charge of grooming."

I don't think there will be a long trial given he pleaded guilty - just a sentence.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...ng-and-sexual-activity-with-a-child-1-7728932

Adam Johnson has been sacked by Sunderland AFC after pleading guilty to grooming and sexual activity with a schoolgirl.

The 28-year-old, of Castle Eden, east Durham, admitted the charges at a hearing at Bradford Crown Court on Wednesday.

Johnson denies two further counts of sexual acitvity with a child and is due to face a trial which begins tomorrow.

A statement released by the club tonight read: "In light of Adam Johnson's guilty pleas, the club has today terminated his contract with immediate effect.

"The club will make no further comment."

A trial of two counts of sexual activity may take quite some time. He won't be sentenced on the guilty pleas until after the conclusion of the trial.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Brave move by the club...this is going to cost them a couple of million at least as a lost " asset " and maybe more if Johnstone plays the " Unfair Dismissal " card.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here