Adam Chicksen signs [merged threads]

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Lets hope he's quality and doesn't just run around like a headless Chicksen

albionite

May 20, 2009
Adam Chicksen has today (Sunday) joined Brighton and Hove Albion for an undisclosed compensation fee.

The defender’s contract with the Dons expired at the end of June but he continued to train with the Club as he mulled over a new offer, which was made to the 22-year-old during the 2012/13 season.

In accordance with the Football League rules, the Dons are entitled to compensation due to Chicksen being under the age of 24.

The Dons had been in discussions with Chicksen, who came through the Dons’ successful Academy set-up, over a new deal however, the full-back opted to seek pastures new in the Championship by completing a switch to the Amex Stadium, putting pen-to-paper on a three-year deal with the Seagulls.

Milton Keynes-born Chicksen first made a name for himself when Roberto Di Matteo plucked him from the youth team and handed him his professional debut at Leicester City in 2008, aged just 16.

After such an early break through into the first team, Chicksen had to bide his time to reach a double figure of appearances for the Dons largely due to skipper Dean Lewington’s consistent performances at left-back.

In 2011/12 Chicksen joined League 1 Leyton Orient on a month-loan and was a big hit during his successful stint.

In the last two years the left-back played a bigger part in Robinsons plans and was an important asset as he adapted his game to play at right-back, as well as on both wings. Last season Chicksen netted his first professional goal in the Dons’ 6-1 win over Cambridge City in the FA Cup and he went on to score on two more occasions.

Chicksen made a total of 93 appearances for MK Dons during five seasons.

Speaking to mkdons.com, Robinson said: “Naturally, I am disappointed that Adam has chosen to leave for Brighton. I never thought that when we offered a contract all those months ago that Adam would not be with us for the start of the season, but Brighton have made the lad an offer which is too good for him to turn down.

“I have known Adam since he was 14 and have enjoyed coaching him throughout that time, he has always been a true professional and he made a large contribution to most of our games last season. I have no doubt that he will be a success with his new club.

“I do, however, think it is important that we all look on with pride to see yet another local lad who has come through the MK Dons Academy given the opportunity to step-up in the Football League pyramid. “

Everyone at MK Dons would like to thank Adam for his contribution to the Football Club and wish him the best of luck for the future. He will always be welcome back to stadiummk as one of our own.

Read more at http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/140713-913635.aspx#hkE5zw0D0X8S075u.99

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
It's interesting that people think that a 21 year old could be signed for DS. With a change in leadership, you no longer have to be 30+ to play in the first team. Remember that Gary Stevens was good enough at 17! My view is that JFC was also good enough at 17 but we've wasted a year, March is good enough now as well. To improve in the first team, you have to get first team game time.

If you are good enough, you are old enough!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
If he thinks he's bigger than the club... See ya later mate, you can be placed nicely alongside Peter Leven and George Williams in the pile labelled 'overrated mercenaries destined for career suicide'. Arrogance beyond belief.

****ing brilliant, anyone could be bigger than MK Dons, and I mean anyone.

He's young and hungry. The comments from Orient regarding him not being good enough, I'm not being funny. But the quality of football is so poor that it results to hoofball, it's hard to shine.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well this one crept under the radar.

I doubt it did to those ITK. The club has to keep things to itself to stop others sneaking in and poaching from under our noses, perhaps we're getting better at things now, plugging the leaks, conducting business in a more professional manner, about time IMO.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
Its great that no one saw him coming! Makes me feel happy and content that Burke and co are not sitting around the office just flicking bogeys at a photo of a certain Uruguayan..

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Cristian Lobato

Not a bad call. Released from Barca B following an injury this season.

Lobato, left top quality

Lobato had problems patellar tendon that prevented him from playing up to their potential this season. It has a privileged left leg has six goals and important bill in 26 games (23 holder and three alternate). The Esparraguera came last season with Barça B from Hospitalet.

LW/LB

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Not a bad call. Released from Barca B following an injury this season.

Lobato, left top quality

Lobato had problems patellar tendon that prevented him from playing up to their potential this season. It has a privileged left leg has six goals and important bill in 26 games (23 holder and three alternate). The Esparraguera came last season with Barça B from Hospitalet.

LW/LB
I thought it was chicken jokes?
Well if he walks like a duck and sounds like a duck.....

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Seen him play a couple of times and he has ability. Think with ffp he could be first choice lb with cover provided by calderon, the latvian and at a push el-abd. If money is tight might be better spent in midfield.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Seen him play a couple of times and he has ability. Think with ffp he could be first choice lb with cover provided by calderon, the latvian and at a push el-abd. If money is tight might be better spent in midfield.

I tend to agree, with our budget we're not going to blow a hole in it for Left Backs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here