Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Chicksen out on loan

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We have ruined his career for the last couple of seasons. He should never have left MK Dons, I can't even imagine how disappointed he must be by how it's worked out. We've never shown him any faith or any belief, he's never had a chance but he's never played badly for us in the two or three games he's actually been afforded.

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
at least he won't be coup-ed up in the Development Squad for the next month. His initial loan may even get egg-stended to a 93 day loan when that window opens in February....

Dec 29, 2011
We have ruined his career for the last couple of seasons. He should never have left MK Dons, I can't even imagine how disappointed he must be by how it's worked out. We've never shown him any faith or any belief, he's never had a chance but he's never played badly for us in the two or three games he's actually been afforded.

Agreed, he must regret this move a lot.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Have i missed something ? Roz has only just stopped using crutches , how can he almost be fit to play

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My memory of him will always be how Kaz hung him out to dry v Hull, in the cup a couple of years ago.

It was at the height of KLL's 'sat on his arse, arms outstretched, I was fouled ref', stage.
Leaving Chicksen to cope, (remarkably well considering), with at least 2 Hull players running at him, all game.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Good move for him, playing at a club challenging for promotion and full of confidence will do him the world of good and hopefully he can come back ready to challenge for a first team spot.

I would venture to say, he was already at a club like that and did't really challenge for a firs team spot.

Unlike yourself, I don't hope he comes back able to challenge for a first team spot. I actually hope that Bong is back and playing well. So well in fact that no one challenges him for a first team spot.

For Chicksen I think this is potentially a stepping stone to a new employer.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I would venture to say, he was already at a club like that and did't really challenge for a firs team spot.

Unlike yourself, I don't hope he comes back able to challenge for a first team spot. I actually hope that Bong is back and playing well. So well in fact that no one challenges him for a first team spot.

For Chicksen I think this is potentially a stepping stone to a new employer.

A crying shame if true. Chicksen definitely has massive potentioal but lacks self belief for me. I hope it's not one that bites us on the bum when he is playing to his full potential at a rival club in future.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At any level, always going to be some players that don't quite make the grade. Good luck to the lad in his career 'going forward'.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I dont think he did anything wrong for us and thought his positining has always been good. Would have liked to have seen him given a bit more of a chance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good move for everybody as CH obviously has no intention of using him in a competitive game and prefers to play a player out of his normal position in preference to him. This has happened with the 3 replacements for Bong and speakes volumes of CH rating of Chicksen.k

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I dont think he did anything wrong for us and thought his positining has always been good. Would have liked to have seen him given a bit more of a chance.

Always seemed too much of a lightweight. Doubt that'll change very much, certainly not at this level or the level below.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I never know when you're 100% serious. I would venture, however, that the time to challenge for a first team spot was WHEN HE WAS THE ONLY FIT F***ING LEFT BACK IN THE WHOLE CLUB.

I agree with you. I cant see him ever playing for the Albion, if he wasnt in the the first XI then, he never will be. I only ever saw him play once against reading in the cup I think. Thought he looked ok. However not getting a kick while calde was covering really was the end for him.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I only ever saw him play once against reading in the cup I think. Thought he looked ok. However not getting a kick while calde was covering really was the end for him.

I dont think he did anything wrong for us and thought his positioning has always been good. Would have liked to have seen him given a bit more of a chance.

He played well at Spurs in the Carling Cup. Thought he might kick on after that.

Leaving Chicksen to cope, (remarkably well considering), with at least 2 Hull players running at him, all game.

he's never played badly for us in the two or three games he's actually been afforded.

He always seemed to me top be fairly talented, but just too light-weight for the position

Good luck to Adam. He has done nothing wrong at all.

Does make you wonder why he didn't get an opportunity, the overriding feeling seems to be that he did OK when called upon, sometimes against decent opposition.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Never any good at MK Dons. Right up there with Moekana on the bizarre signings front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here