Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Accuracy of Accumulated Loyalty Points

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I had 250 plus points as a MyAlbion member. I became a season ticket holder prior to this season and had my points slashed to 75. I have since been to away matches at Everton, Wolves, Villa, Man City, Nottingham Forest and Stoke in the FA Cup and my points total is 105. I have to admit to being a tad baffled.

Last edited:

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I had 250 plus points as a MyAlbion member. I became a season ticket holder prior to this season and had my points slashed to 75. I have since been to away matches at Everton, Wolves, Villa, Man City, Nottingham Forest and Stoke in the FA Cup and my points total is 105. I have to admit to being a tad baffled.
Member points and ST points are completely separate and you would have started again when you became a STH.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I’ve read on various social media that people are having or have had issues with being awarded loyalty points for matches they have attended.
When you are logged into your account on the Brighton website, is there any way of checking that your account has been credited with all the earned loyalty points? I have not tracked my points on a match by match, so how can be sure that my accumulated points is correct?
Thanks in advance for any help!!
Care to provide any examples. Never heard this.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Has anyone had any issues with not being allocated points for games that they definitely attended?

Someone in our ticket group went to Stoke (has photos of himself at the ground etc), but the club are saying his ticket wasn’t scanned at the ground and therefore he’s not getting any points.

Seems a bit daft when he’s got photo evidence of him in attendance, including in one of the crowd shots on social media.
Playing devil's advocate here from the clubs point of view.
Maybe they have encountered situations in the past where a group of people who regularly go to away games have found that one of their number who bought a ticket and who then could not attend gave his ticket to another person in his group not to pass on to someone but just to scan at the turnstiles. This would probably work at automatic turnstiles but at Stoke you had to hand your ticket to a chap who then scanned it thus if one person had two tickets to scan he could only scan one and if it was his mates then his own ticket would remain unscanned. So what at first glance seems a bit daft the club may be thinking how would it be possible to get into the ground without a ticket being scanned?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe they have encountered situations in the past where a group of people who regularly go to away games have found that one of their number who bought a ticket and who then could not attend gave his ticket to another person in his group not to pass on to someone but just to scan at the turnstiles. This would probably work at automatic turnstiles but at Stoke you had to hand your ticket to a chap who then scanned it thus if one person had two tickets to scan he could only scan one and if it was his mates then his own ticket would remain unscanned. So what at first glance seems a bit daft the club may be thinking how would it be possible to get into the ground without a ticket being scanned?
In the past they would have just given the ticket to someone else to use

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I appreciate that point of view for sure, but he’s got photographic evidence of being in the ground. Unless the club reckon he’s very, very good at using Photoshop?!

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I appreciate that point of view for sure, but he’s got photographic evidence of being in the ground. Unless the club reckon he’s very, very good at using Photoshop?!
Sorry but i think you have missed my point. I am sure he was there and sure the photos are genuine but how did he get in without his ticket registering?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Sorry but i think you have missed my point. I am sure he was there and sure the photos are genuine but how did he get in without his ticket registering?
That I don’t know, and that’s what he’s asked the club. They’ve told him they have no record of his ticket being scanned, but he was in the ground and went through the same turnstile as everyone else in the group.

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
How many of your initial 250 points were acquired through home league games? Your home league game points will be taken off you when you become a STH according to this on the club website.

Attachments

• 950917AB-366D-4666-AAF7-A0AD96571EB6.jpeg
    950917AB-366D-4666-AAF7-A0AD96571EB6.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 24

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm not sure I've heard of someone on here ever saying they had points missing.

I don't track mine, but some on here clearly do - I suspect both @Titanic and @Giraffe have spreadsheets, for example, and I wouldn't be surprised if @jackalbion doesn't as well.

My Chelsea away points were not added this season. The only reason I know is because it was soon after the European games and so knew exactly what my total was.

Albion said it was probably a “software issue” (I scanned my ticket as usual went going to Stamford bridge. I sent proof of attendance (photos, travel) and the points got added manually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here