Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

According to twitter we are 2/1 on signing ulloa

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
So you would pay what £8-9m for a player with absolutely no resell value because of his age who is similar and no better than the players we have in that position who are already struggling? You might do it if he was ripping the division up but he can't even get in the Leicester team. At 31 he is only going to get worse, his best days are behind him, is that so difficult to understand? Even if he came in did an good job its still dead money moving forward.

He's signed a new contract there so it doesn't really matter but seriously? He was decent for us in the championship, we got top money at the time for him and he wanted his day in the sun who can blame him? As a squad we are not the youngest and while we need to stay in the division if at all possible, care needs to be taken to reduce the average age too or maybe we could give Wardy a bell and see if he fancies it? He wouldn't get in the team for me either and certainly wouldn't improve it significantly...

You are correct in he is not a great asset on a balance sheet. However, Murray probably has one more season at this level. Ulloa has 2 or 3 (if injury free). For 8-9 million at the current market rate is a bargain and would be great value if he kept us up.

Anyway, it's doesn't matter now as he has signed a new deal at Leicester.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are correct in he is not a great asset on a balance sheet. However, Murray probably has one more season at this level. Ulloa has 2 or 3 (if injury free). For 8-9 million at the current market rate is a bargain and would be great value if he kept us up.

Anyway, it's doesn't matter now as he has signed a new deal at Leicester.

The new deal just makes him more valuable than the £3m the Spanish club offered not guaranteed he is staying at LCFC.. They know that a struggling club in The Premier or challenging club in The Championship. will pay a lot more for him in January.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Both Ulloa and Brighton were interested in making the deal happen but the sticking point was wages. He's on roughly £20k p/w more at Leicester than we could offer him. Impeccable source.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Get him in. Big strong & scores goal in the premier league.

good option for our quality wingers to cross to.

Jobs a gooddun

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Both Ulloa and Brighton were interested in making the deal happen but the sticking point was wages. He's on roughly £20k p/w more at Leicester than we could offer him. Impeccable source.

That is a shame, but 20k a week is a hell of a wage drop, a million quid over the year.
When he was with us before I felt that if he had been fit during Craig Conways loan period he would have had a lot more goals, Conway put great crosses in to the box, which no one else was doing consistently at the time. Ulloa was the best player with his head that we have ever had IMHO, and with decent crosses coming in would get goals.
I think both Hemed and Murray have better feet, and of the 3 Murray would be the one I would want with the ball at his feet and in front of goal.I just reckon we have more chance of getting the ball to heads in the box than feet, even if it is not how we want to play the game. This season is about gaining points any way we can, crosses for Ulloas head would produce goals and I know we could get the ball to his head.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That is a shame, but 20k a week is a hell of a wage drop, a million quid over the year.
When he was with us before I felt that if he had been fit during Craig Conways loan period he would have had a lot more goals, Conway put great crosses in to the box, which no one else was doing consistently at the time. Ulloa was the best player with his head that we have ever had IMHO, and with decent crosses coming in would get goals.
I think both Hemed and Murray have better feet, and of the 3 Murray would be the one I would want with the ball at his feet and in front of goal.I just reckon we have more chance of getting the ball to heads in the box than feet, even if it is not how we want to play the game. This season is about gaining points any way we can, crosses for Ulloas head would produce goals and I know we could get the ball to his head.

I forgot to mention, he was great with his head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here