Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

According to twitter we are 2/1 on signing ulloa

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I don't see it. Both Murray and Hemed scored more goals at Championship level, and Murray more at Prem level. Ulloa is better at holding the ball up, but that's about it. There is a reason he doesn't start at Leicester.

I can think of two!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't see it. Both Murray and Hemed scored more goals at Championship level, and Murray more at Prem level. Ulloa is better at holding the ball up, but that's about it. There is a reason he doesn't start at Leicester.

Yes because they have 4 very good strikers to go with him.

Alsi ulloa never played in the side that Murray and Hemed did for us.... Ulloa got half the chances they got, with a midfield generally 30 yards away from him

However, Ulloa is not what we currently need in my opinion.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yes Hemed has scored more goals in the Championship, but he has played a lot more games, and has has had two full seasons to do it in compared to Ulloa's one. Add to that the fact that most of Ulloa's goals came in that was essentially a very average Oscar Garcia side. I know which of the two l'd prefer.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Leicester are OVERFLOWING with really good strikers who won't start

Ulloa, Slimani and Musa all behind Okazaki and Vardy.

We know about Ulloa.
Slimani is STUNNING in the air
Musa is EL RAPIDO

Still, complete and utter shame at losing to them.

They also have Iheanacho.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hemed probably scored more over all but I'm pretty sure Ulloa would have a better goals to games in the Championship, and his only full season was not in a great side. Pretty confident he'd have scored more than Hemed or Murray playing for us either of the last two seasons, or if he'd had a full season instead of half when he signed (and probably got us up in the process).

I think he'd comfortably a better player than what we have, would definitely take him if it was on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes Hemed has scored more goals in the Championship, but he has played a lot more games, and has has had two full seasons to do it in compared to Ulloa's one. Add to that the fact that most of Ulloa's goals came in that was essentially a very average Oscar Garcia side. I know which of the two l'd prefer.

Hemed probably scored more over all but I'm pretty sure Ulloa would have a better goals to games in the Championship, and his only full season was not in a great side. Pretty confident he'd have scored more than Hemed or Murray playing for us either of the last two seasons, or if he'd had a full season instead of half when he signed (and probably got us up in the process).

I think he'd comfortably a better player than what we have, would definitely take him if it was on.

I'll agree to disagree, as it's all hypothetical in any case.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It depends how you play doesn't it! If you engage your brain for a second you would realise that there are different ways to play football. CMS had pace, but you probably slagged him off as well. So I doubt you want a fast young player either.

Get that solitary brain cell of yours engaged, to take note that Hughton favours a counter attacking style. With that, necessarily, a team needs the attacking pace and skill of forwards and supporting midfielders, at the level required of the division, to execute it.

Striking options of Murray, Hemed and Ulloa would most definitely not give us that pace, at PL level.

Do you struggle with the such a reality?

To mention CMS is a red herring. He wasn't up to being a top Championship striker, with or without his ability to run around trying to close down defenders.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I really like Leo, but if we get the Dwamena signing done, this surely won't happen - even if Tomer goes.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It looks like Hemed might be sold according to Andy Naylor, because the Dwamena deal is going through.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ork_to_complete_the_signing_of_Ghana_striker/

Sad in m any ways if he goes. I like Tomer, he is a good honest hard working player, who never seems to seek the limelight, and simply got on with his job of trying tol score goals.

I must avoid writing his epitaph here before he actually goes, but he will always be remembered in Albion folklore, as a man whose many goals helped the Albion to reach the giddy heights of the Premier League.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Ulloa would be an upgrade on Hemed without doubt.

Baldock, Murray, Dwamena, Ulloa would be a strong set of options.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
31 is too old? Murray must be ready to collect a pension and Bruno is probably making funeral arrangements.

So you would pay what £8-9m for a player with absolutely no resell value because of his age who is similar and no better than the players we have in that position who are already struggling? You might do it if he was ripping the division up but he can't even get in the Leicester team. At 31 he is only going to get worse, his best days are behind him, is that so difficult to understand? Even if he came in did an good job its still dead money moving forward.

He's signed a new contract there so it doesn't really matter but seriously? He was decent for us in the championship, we got top money at the time for him and he wanted his day in the sun who can blame him? As a squad we are not the youngest and while we need to stay in the division if at all possible, care needs to be taken to reduce the average age too or maybe we could give Wardy a bell and see if he fancies it? He wouldn't get in the team for me either and certainly wouldn't improve it significantly...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here