Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abuse and NSC

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I regularly read and contribute on NSC. I did stop for a while because it seemed there were too many abusive posters on here, but soon realised I missed it because most folk were very intelligent and rational and made some very thought provoking posts.

It leads me to a question though. Of the small number who do make inciting and abusive remarks, but perhaps not enough to constitute a ban, what is their psychology? What is their reasoning behind a person attacking another for a view deemed different to theirs? I often wonder at posts that simply read ‘Idiot’ or ‘dickhead’ and try to understand the reasoning behind them. If someone, say, writes 'David Beckham is a knob', what do they expect to fulfil from such an inarticulate rant ?

It’s not something we’d do in normal life.

I think it's because I enjoy the forum so much that all this puzzles me.

Only read your opening post and no more yet! but please do use the report button on the posts if they are out of order, it helps us no end! I have just banned some idiot all thanks to people reporting his idiotic piccie.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Dear Barron Pepperpot.

This thread is not really about other people is it. Most of your replies suggest me, me, me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
and don't forget the shopping trolley. The number of people who just shove trolleys around and into people with complete disregard for others is horrendous. My wife was bashed into when she was 8 months pregnant and not even given an apology

Shop online and get it delivered for an easy life, most supermarket car parks are full of idiot drivers, some would drive into the store if they could.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Is it ok to abuse someone if you do it SURREPTITIOUSLY?

IF YOU DO IT surreptitiously, THEY MAY NOT NOTICE, which would rather defeat the object.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
You really are a tedious bore!
Out of interest were you at the forest away game last season?

Sorry should I start throwing in some one liners when commenting on something? And no I wasn't at forest

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dear Barron Pepperpot.

This thread is not really about other people is it. Most of your replies suggest me, me, me.

You are coming across as particularly irritable today, had a bad week?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I regularly read and contribute on NSC. I did stop for a while because it seemed there were too many abusive posters on here, but soon realised I missed it because most folk were very intelligent and rational and made some very thought provoking posts.

It leads me to a question though. Of the small number who do make inciting and abusive remarks, but perhaps not enough to constitute a ban, what is their psychology? What is their reasoning behind a person attacking another for a view deemed different to theirs? I often wonder at posts that simply read ‘Idiot’ or ‘dickhead’ and try to understand the reasoning behind them. If someone, say, writes 'David Beckham is a knob', what do they expect to fulfil from such an inarticulate rant ?

You're quite needy, aren't you? You'll be organising curry nights next.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing

"We, as individuals across the world, are all united in our differences." Greyseagull, 23rd August 2013.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well someone tried to organise a Curry Night in good faith for people to meet up. Whoopee F*cking Do ! Does that warrant abuse or criticism ? What a truely F*cked up World we live in, if that is the case.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Well someone tried to organise a Curry Night in good faith for people to meet up. Whoopee F*cking Do ! Does that warrant abuse or criticism ? What a truely F*cked up World we live in, if that is the case.

Ill have chicken tikka for starters
Chicken Ceylon main course with keema nan plus bhaajees
Bombay alloo and a sag aloo plus 2 bottles of cobra

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Lol xxx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here