Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Absolutely buzzing right now

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Hi all

I'm proper buzzing right now.

My daughter has always bugged me to go to the games with me for a couple of years but I felt she was too young.

Last season at Christmas I took the plunge and bought her a half season ticket for the second half of last season

She's now a proper bonafide Albion fan with a full ST this season and is constantly talking about the club, watching YouTube videos, joined her own local girls team and generally loves the game.

She just turned 9 last month.

Today I've just had a call from the club from a lovely lady who asked if she would like to be a mascot for Thursday's game and to be one of the 3 that will walk out with the refs at the start of the game!

It's going to make her day when I get home from work this evening and tell her what's going to happen!

She's going to be on TV around the world and hopefully meet a few of the players if she's allowed to!

I've obviously never done anything like this before either!

So happy for her and I have a feeling she's going to become even more fanatical than she already is!

Now to get her booked in for a haircut ASAP🤣

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's incredible.

Delighted for you and can only imagine how proud you will be of your daughter.

Even without any of that for myself (my son is 5 and doesn't show much interest in football so far) I'm still absolutely buzzing for Thursday.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Oh wow amazing!!! Let us know how she reacts. Make sure to film it for your own archives!!

Do you think if a 44-year old man slouched and got a wig, they could pass as a little one and be a mascot?

Asking for a friend

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Today I've just had a call from the club from a lovely lady who asked if she would like to be a mascot for Thursday's game and to be one of the 3 that will walk out with the refs at the start of the game!

What prompted that? Don't you have to pay for it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

They still hold a couple of mascot places back for a free ballot of junior members I believe.
From what @spongy suggests, the invite is not to be an ALBION mascot - but rather one of the three kids that walk out for UEFA matches with the match officials.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I think so normally.

But I've never applied for her to be one as the cost is insane.

Must have been a random selection but what a time to do it! The club's first ever European game!

Absolutely buzzing for her.

The lady said an email with all the details of the evening will follow and what to do etc.

And to think the call was from a random 01273 number, I nearly didn't answer it as I thought it may have been her school saying she was poorly and I'd have to go pick her up!🤣

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
46 Years, and I still haven't had a call. It will happen one day. I'd love to walk out hand in hand with Pascal Gross.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Something very similar happened to me around that age. Got a call 3 days before our final home game against Notts County in the league one play off promotion season to be mascot.

I had the Albion bug ahead of the experience, but there was no turning back from that point. I hope she has the best day!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Something very similar happened to me around that age. Got a call 3 days before our final home game against Notts County in the league one play off promotion season to be mascot.

I had the Albion bug ahead of the experience, but there was no turning back from that point. I hope she has the best day!
Twas a very nice April day I seem to remember. County all over us in a 0-0 affair.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Hi all

I'm proper buzzing right now.

My daughter has always bugged me to go to the games with me for a couple of years but I felt she was too young.

Last season at Christmas I took the plunge and bought her a half season ticket for the second half of last season

She's now a proper bonafide Albion fan with a full ST this season and is constantly talking about the club, watching YouTube videos, joined her own local girls team and generally loves the game.

She just turned 9 last month.

It's going to make her day when I get home from work this evening and tell her what's going to happen!

She's going to be on TV around the world and hopefully meet a few of the players if she's allowed to!

I've obviously never done anything like this before either!

So happy for her and I have a feeling she's going to become even more fanatical than she already is!

Now to get her booked in for a haircut ASAP🤣
absolutely brilliant. Make sure you get the match recorded and plenty of pictures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here