Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolute stupidity

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
How many times does Sir Alex do the same and the ref then gives everything to Utd as he realises he is under scrutiny. Good move by GUS he is learning the game of manager fast.

Couldn't agree more. All he has done has publicly voice concerns which inevitably will come to the FA's attention and hopefully Pawson's. A good move (hopefully), of course Fergie is more powerful in the Premier League, but at this level Poyet has some respect for his playing achievements.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Managerial equivalent of player tripping the ref. Not clever. Should learn when to keep his mouth shut.

Something he seems incapable of doing, seems he would rather run his mouth and try and get in the spotlight that way than through managing his team to glory.

I guess the difference with Sir Alex is... He manages his team in a way to back his mouth up.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Lets face it,most refs get sucked in to Palace's diving,he won't be any different.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Something he seems incapable of doing, seems he would rather run his mouth and try and get in the spotlight that way than through managing his team to glory.

I guess the difference with Sir Alex is... He manages his team in a way to back his mouth up.

Indeed totally agree, all talk now and very little substance however I hope to be proved wrong

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Isn't it ? then why the extra police presence, and the anti clockwise exit around the stadium to get to buses and coaches.

As I said in my post, 'To the outside world, this game isn't any bigger...'. The extra policing etc is due to the 2 teams rivalry internally. You wouldn't need the best PL Ref available to deal with the before/after match antics would you.
Just my two cents though.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
As I said in my post, 'To the outside world, this game isn't any bigger...'. The extra policing etc is due to the 2 teams rivalry internally. You wouldn't need the best PL Ref available to deal with the before/after match antics would you.
Just my two cents though.

The idea is that you usually get an experienced ref that can handle the occasion. Tensions will run high on the pitch and things can get out of control, it is the refs job to keep the game under control, and some no-mark referee probably won't be able to do that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Holloway is just the same and this ref sent him to the stands recently.
We could end up with both managers missing from the dugouts at the end of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here