Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] abominable refereeing

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s consistently frustrated though. Take the push on Veltman second half in front of the dugouts that they nearly score from, and yet he’d given a whole host of fouls for far less contact. Same with one on Welbeck near the corner flag first half.

It’s bizarre because it’s not like he’s missed them, it’s how he judges them, slightest touch one minute is a foul, an all out assault next minute isn’t.

I noted the players were a lot more frustrated with the ref this week than last too because of that lack of consistency.
A personal view, I’d rather see the game flow, with a ref dismissing incidents where a player throws themselves to the ground at the most minimal touch. In the WC there were some great refs in this respect. Within 15 minutes into games, hey presto, the dramatics stopped.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
What are you smoking? Can I have some?

Blimey - how absolute dig ship the rest of them must be!!
He’s always been utterly useless

Alright, let me put it this way; Name me a better one in the Prem. I can pick holes in all of them. I'm not trying to say he's a great Ref, but the standard is low. Amongst his peers I find him to be one of the better ones.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Alright, let me put it this way; Name me a better one in the Prem. I can pick holes in all of them. I'm not trying to say he's a great Ref, but the standard is low. Amongst his peers I find him to be one of the better ones.
I agree that he's one of the better ones, and didn't make any controversial decisions of any of the key incidents yesterday. (I'd have liked him to punish their timewasting, and the four minutes added on was at the same time way out and a relief.) Anyone who thinks his performance yesterday was worse than Coote last week, I just don't understand.
Michael Oliver and Anthony Taylor are, for me at least, clearly the best referees in the PL.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
There is a high standard of dross unfortunately. A multi million and billion pound industry controlled by a bunch of idiots.
Maybe Oliver is ok and possibly Taylor. But that’s about it.
I will never forgive Pawson for his pathetic refereeing of Barton and Dyche vs Burnley in that big game at the Amex.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
I agree that he's one of the better ones, and didn't make any controversial decisions of any of the key incidents yesterday. (I'd have liked him to punish their timewasting, and the four minutes added on was at the same time way out and a relief.) Anyone who thinks his performance yesterday was worse than Coote last week, I just don't understand.
Michael Oliver and Anthony Taylor are, for me at least, clearly the best referees in the PL.
That's probably why they went to the WC

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here