Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] abominable refereeing

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was surprised VAR wasn’t involved, think they mentioned it on the commentary.

Looked up the definitions and can only conclude that the VAR ref didn’t think it he was last man (when clearly he was) hence why he didn’t think it was a straight red. Can’t think of another reason
*VAR thought we can’t send off a Liverpool player - so didn’t look.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
images-3.jpeg

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I honestly think the ref bottled sending off Thuginio because he thought it was funny,yep a studs up challenge from behind on another players ankle is hilarious,what boils my piss even more is VAR Swarbrick agreeing with the biggest bottle I've seen by a ref for many a year.

I just hope Ferguson is ok because that tackle is a career ending tackle and there should be some retrospective investigation and action taken against that dirty fukka .if the games not gone completely bent.

Jimmy Grimble

The amount of neutral fans who have commented on the ref says all you need to know. Complete spineless c*unt.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can’t see how it can be defended - two clear red cards, another reasonable chance of one - it has to be sorted

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just up to the A Mac assault …..on ITV …clear foul and probable red…even Ally McCoist thought so .,,wtf was that assistant seeing

Now Ferguson….again it was on the assistants side …..and VAR..Fabinho new he’d done wrong and I’d guess expected a red

It’s absurd

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Didn't Peter Walton blag his way onto ITV during the world cup?. Surprised he wasn't on to explain how everything was 100% correct and perfect, there's nothing to see here and aren't we lucky to have such wonderful officials
Screenshot_20230129-215101_Samsung Internet.jpg

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Really need an explanation from the VAR morons. Could have been 3 reds and definitely 2. Need to write to them or something. Absolute disgrace. Is this Howard Webbs doing?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
You can excuse the first one from a ref/VAR POV

Fab "tackle" went to VAR and they deemed it to only be a yellow, which is unbelievable.

Robertsons tackle wasnt much better either.
thought he meant that. He's frustrated because he knows they're shit nowadays. Nasty.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Glad lots of us have responded like this as it’s easy not to when you win. But it is seriously worrying. They only got through to play us due to an almighty weird decision v Wolves too… mmm

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Does anyone else think that if the huge entourage of officials involved hadn't bottled Konates attempted tonselectomy of MacAllister the tackles on Ferguson, which has caused an injury and MacAllister which could have done, wouldn't have happened!? They basically surrendered control of the game. You could tell from his post match interview that Robertson was in a massive strop and that tackle was a deliberate attempt to injure. Sleeping on it really hasn't helped.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Does anyone else think that if the huge entourage of officials involved hadn't bottled Konates attempted tonselectomy of MacAllister the tackles on Ferguson, which has caused an injury and MacAllister which could have done, wouldn't have happened!? They basically surrendered control of the game. You could tell from his post match interview that Robertson was in a massive strop and that tackle was a deliberate attempt to injure. Sleeping on it really hasn't helped.
I actually thought Robertson spoke really well after the game, very honest reflection, conceded that we'd had many good chances against them, and praised us through the interview. Of the 3 challenges we are discussing, I thought Robertson's was just a mistimed frustrated tackle at the end of the game, his standing leg was planted, he didn't jump into it like you would if you were actually trying to injure someone. Doesn't take away that it is still a bad challenge, just saying don't think he's trying to injure his opponent tbh.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Anyone want to email barber about a complaint going in ? I would happily sign a petition for an investigation into the reffing of yesterday's game as well. Im sure most of football could get behind that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here