Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] abominable refereeing

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
The referee can call for the VAR to review a decision during a game. Or VAR can alert the referee to a "clear and obvious" error that has taken place, involving either a goal, a penalty decision, a direct red card or case of mistaken identity
yes denial of an obvious goalscoring opportunity is a direct red card

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As soon as I saw Coote was the ref my heart sank. He has been called out time and again by fans of many different clubs for being seriously useless and has a string of controversial decisions behind him. Like Lee Mason in the past, he has somehow been allowed to continue.

Regarding the Fabinho challenge, Coote may not have spotted the seriousness of it (although any decent ref would've done) but the fact VAR didn't make the decision is an absolute disgrace. That 'tackle' could've ended Ferguson's career, at the age of 18.

I believe the VAR was Neil Swarbrick - wasn't he kicked off the EPL ref's list for being c**p?Apparently he now has a senior role at PMGOL in the implementation of VAR. If he can't tell that was a red card, there is no hope.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Their goal was fine, but should have been 3 red cards. You know if it was the other way round they'd have all been given.
Klopp knew exactly what he was doing. Bringing on the 'respected' old guard. Who then moved round the pitch thrashing at everyone. A shìt club. A dìckhead manager, and despite everything a club that we took 4 points and cup pass off. Their only saving grace were genuinely decent fans. Plenty of noise and relelatively gracious after the game. Scousers as well, not the awful southern Liverpool fans.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
As soon as I saw Coote was the ref my heart sank. He has been called out time and again by fans of many different clubs for being seriously useless and has a string of controversial decisions behind him. Like Lee Mason in the past, he has somehow been allowed to continue.

Regarding the Fabinho challenge, Coote may not have spotted the seriousness of it (although any decent ref would've done) but the fact VAR didn't make the decision is an absolute disgrace. That 'tackle' could've ended Ferguson's career, at the age of 18.

I believe the VAR was Neil Swarbrick - wasn't he kicked off the EPL ref's list for being c**p?Apparently he now has a senior role at PMGOL in the implementation of VAR. If he can't tell that was a red card, there is no hope.
This is ultimately the key problem with officiating. When they're too fat/old/shit to be refs anymore they automatically get handed a cushy role in an office where they're free to make the same mistakes without even a shred of accountability.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Even Liverpool fans know. Even f***ing Fabinho knew!

Screenshot_20230129_185120_Reddit.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230129_185113_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20230129_185113_Reddit.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20230129_185340_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20230129_185340_Reddit.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20230129_185324_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20230129_185324_Reddit.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20230129_185309_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20230129_185309_Reddit.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 72

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Klopp knew exactly what he was doing. Bringing on the 'respected' old guard. Who then moved round the pitch thrashing at everyone. A shìt club. A dìckhead manager, and despite everything a club that we took 4 points and cup pass off. Their only saving grace were genuinely decent fans. Plenty of noise and relelatively gracious after the game. Scousers as well, not the awful southern Liverpool fans.
Totally agree horses teeth brought on old hackers in Henderson and Milner to inflict damage knowing if one of them got sent off it didn't matter. The wooden post in red or TAA as he he's known couldn't get close to damage anyone, useless prick. Though he'll still get picked by England.

Watching Duck today how the fuckidy fuckidy f*** does that man not play regularly for England

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Coote always comes across as a referee that hides when there's a big decision to make, and would rather make no decision at all when there's a potential penalty/red card etc. He seems happy to go with the 'i didnt see it' excuse and leave it to VAR far too often.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I know I'm repeating myself but HOW IS THIS ACCEPTABLE? HOW CAN ANYONE, LET ALONE A QUALIFIED MATCH OFFICIAL, LOOK AT THIS AND SAY IT'S OKAY??

View attachment 156348
And also ask yourself, if you're an interested observer of conscious or unconscious bias, what might have happened if that was a a tackle by Sarmiento had just come on. That absolute walking brain damage of a ref would have loved the chance to be a hero. He's useless. VAR has also been entirely exposed as a corruption enterprise. Its so uniquely obvious. We also all had to wait for 3 minutes to really enjoy what to the naked eye of anyone in the stadium was obviously a good goal when Mitoma scored as they spent ages trying to find any infraction. Um not saying it's even on purpose, but the ref and VAR are sitting themselves over the theoretical scrutiny they will get so are working harder to avoid a decision. Yet, its literally their job.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I'll give the referees the benefit of the the doubt on the MacAllister foul, and let them hide behind the VAR rule of them not being allowed to get involved, but the Fabinho foul was such a clear red card... bizarre that it wasnt given. No liverpool player or fan would have argued otherwise.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Fabinho and Konate (second yellow) both nailed-on red cards. Shameful.

Konate very lucky not to get a straight red, let alone a second booking. Robertson as well.

Quite sad that a manager of Klopp's calibre is resorting to lumping the shit out of the opposition and getting leeway from the refs because he manages a 'big club'.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know I'm repeating myself but HOW IS THIS ACCEPTABLE? HOW CAN ANYONE, LET ALONE A QUALIFIED MATCH OFFICIAL, LOOK AT THIS AND SAY IT'S OKAY??

View attachment 156348
Mate - keep saying it - we all agree with you and we all see it. Unreal big 6 bias EVEN with f***ing VAR - absolute disgrace. Oh and it’s irrelevant we won this conversation - it’s also not sour grapes to moan when we lose etc - last week was shocking too on Welbeck.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Can only conclude that both VAR officials had wandered off for ten minutes to take a dump.

If the Konate donkey punch had been Dunk on Salah - or either of the other two incidents the other way around - that match would not have finished eleven a side

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patreon
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Konate very lucky not to get a straight red, let alone a second booking. Robertson as well.

Quite sad that a manager of Klopp's calibre is resorting to lumping the shit out of the opposition and getting leeway from the refs because he manages a 'big club'.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I genuinely can't picture Klopp sending his team out to injure the opposition like that.
I can imagine that a few of them are not quite as on it as they were a few months/years ago, and when dealing with players that bit better than them ( :albion: :clap::ascarf:punk::rave::O:albion:) that leads to crap tackles.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
This bit.

I was surprised VAR wasn’t involved, think they mentioned it on the commentary.

Looked up the definitions and can only conclude that the VAR ref didn’t think it he was last man (when clearly he was) hence why he didn’t think it was a straight red. Can’t think of another reason

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here