[Albion] Abdallah Sima

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
You don’t think Tony Bloom will sell a player to Tony Bloom at mates’ rates?

Surely that depends on any other offers received and the value to USG. If TB thinks getting into the champions league would be harmed by selling a good player then I doubt he would sell on the cheap to anyone, himself included.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
You don’t think Tony Bloom will sell a player to Tony Bloom at mates’ rates?

Do I think Tony Bloom is going to piss all of the boardroom, the chairman, the fans and the players/staff and potentially cause USG to miss out on European football and the money/pulling power that comes with that to save himself cash that as you put is going to himself?

Now I’ve worded it like that it actually makes total sense, it’s a flawless plan that only a brilliant businessman like Bloom could possibly think of. I’m buzzing to sign a full Belgian international for a fiver! Get in!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Surely that depends on any other offers received and the value to USG. If TB thinks getting into the champions league would be harmed by selling a good player then I doubt he would sell on the cheap to anyone, himself included.

I don’t think he’ll do any transfer from USG in January - like I said above. However, if a transfer is done in the summer it’ll be done at whatever fee is beneficial to both clubs, which I imagine will be based on respective FFP regs and if either club is sailing close to the wind.

As an example, Man City brought in Aaron Mooy from Melbourne City in 2016. And even though Man City were loaded and he was Melbourne’s star player, it was a free transfer. Presumably this arrangement benefited City’s FFP accounts, particularly as there was seemingly no sell on fee to Melbourne when he went to Hudds for £8m.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Do I think Tony Bloom is going to piss all of the boardroom, the chairman, the fans and the players/staff and potentially cause USG to miss out on European football and the money/pulling power that comes with that to save himself cash that as you put is going to himself?

Now I’ve worded it like that it actually makes total sense, it’s a flawless plan that only a brilliant businessman like Bloom could possibly think of. I’m buzzing to sign a full Belgian international for a fiver! Get in!

We'll pay something like £15 million for a star USG player and then cut our financial input by £10 million for a season.

Net cost for a top European player = £5 million. Job done.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I think any transfer would be done with our usual ‘undisclosed’ fee with maybe a speculative price leaked to journalists in order to keep fans happy - not that USG fans won’t already be very happy with Tony Bloom’s purchase and investment being the catalyst for their club storming into the Belgium top flight for the first time in 50 years.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Welcome back

They are probably awaiting the dawn of new ice-age before acting

Lol

No striker again today. Now the 8th game we have played zero strikers under the genius Potter. How many wins? Zero. I give up. Even with an average Prem striker in the squad Potter opts to keep the ****ing useless Gross etc on the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sima isn’t, won’t and never will be the answer. Why? Mostly because he goes by the description ‘striker’ and signed for us which means his career is fecked going by recent history. But mainly because we all know he’s not going to get near the first team never mind tear up the PL. Trust that gut feeling you’ve got, you just know you’re right! :lolol:

Who else have we got in the lost property box aka ‘the development squad’?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Tolaj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Is this guy still injured or just not wanted at Stoke? If injured, do we know how bad?

Seems to have struggled with injuries more than anything. Their local paper stating they would consider letting him return to us in January if both parties wanted it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On the come back trail.

Two goals for Potters U23s:

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2021/december/07/u23s-highlights-southampton/

Bad news: Already played for two clubs, can’t play for a third (us) this season.

Good news: Newcastle sniffing around Potters’ Tyrese Campbell for £20m in January; should clear the way for Sima in the 2nd half of the season.

Looks like Sima at least knows where the goal is.

£20M for Campbell? Well, I guess Newcastle can afford it, but for £20M I imagine there'd be plenty of Stoke fans volunteering to drive him there!

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
On the come back trail.

Two goals for Potters U23s:

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2021/december/07/u23s-highlights-southampton/

Bad news: Already played for two clubs, can’t play for a third (us) this season.

Good news: Newcastle sniffing around Potters’ Tyrese Campbell for £20m in January; should clear the way for Sima in the 2nd half of the season.

Campbell has only played 271 minutes in the Championship this season… It wouldn’t do too much to change Sima’s minutes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We'll pay something like £15 million for a star USG player and then cut our financial input by £10 million for a season.

Net cost for a top European player = £5 million. Job done.

Not sure I understand this suggestion? Unless you think the actual entities of BHAFC and USG are financially linked in some other way other than having a majority shareholder in common? :shrug:

BHAFC could pay USG £15m for a player, and yes, in theory Tony Bloom if he so wished, could cut back on his financial support, by the tune of £10m. It wouldn't in any way alter the cold fact of a £15m debit from the BHAFC club accounts / FFP calculations.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
07828EAC-DC3F-4940-8899-03DB02CBE1A4.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports