Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What was Brewster's goals to games in the Premier League ?

At least Origi is premier League ready

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

* Not really aimed at you, but in general *

Is this not a bit harsh? He was what - 19? How many 19 year olds were scoring a lot of goals at PL levels?

Brewster is still only 21.

Solanke is 24 now so again not unreasonable that he is hitting some form compared to when he was 21. Perhaps like Aaron Connolly?

To put it in perspective - when Glenn Murray was 21-23 he only managed 5 goals in 46 games for Carlisle.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Is this not a bit harsh? He was what - 19? How many 19 year olds were scoring a lot of goals at PL levels?

Solanke is 24 now so again not unreasonable that he is hitting some form compared to when he was 21. Perhaps like Aaron Connolly?

To put it in perspective - when Glenn Murray was 21-23 he only managed 5 goals in 46 games for Carlisle.

Good luck trying to convince NSC that players could turn out well even if they are not performing well when they are 21.

I've tried and failed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Just off the top of my head - Jimmy Greaves, Bobby Charlton, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney ...............................

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just off the top of my head - Jimmy Greaves, Bobby Charlton, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney ...............................

So basically we need to sign Phil Foden or Emile Smith-Rowe ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Good luck trying to convince NSC that players could turn out well even if they are not performing well when they are 21.

I've tried and failed.

Ivan Toney and Adam Armstrong are two prime examples of late developing Premier League level strikers who have learnt their craft at lower levels having been jettisoned by an EPL team.

Newcastle will soon learn exactly how good Toney is. Just like the ‘Connolly Out’ brigade, there could be a number of tea-towell clad cringing Geordies as they remember how happy they were when Newcastle cleared out the likes of Toney & Armstrong because they were not good enough.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But, but, but ....... they're not STRIKERS[/I!!!!!

What is your definition of a striker? I'd say Phil Foden playing as a 'false 9' in the champions league makes puts him in that category.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Not that many over the course of 7 decades of football, which sort of proves the point that top-flight teenage sensations are the exception. Most players, in any position, don’t reach their full potential until their mid 20s.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not that many over the course of 7 decades of football, which sort of proves the point that top-flight teenage sensations are the exception. Most players, in any position, don’t reach their full potential until their mid 20s.

That was just off the top of my head, without research - I'm sure there are more! They are, of course, relatively rare, but no reason why one can't turn up at Brighton one day.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Whilst I don’t think we’ll use USG as a feeder team I do wonder if we have cast an eye over Dante Vanzeir (9 goals, 6 assists in 14 games) or Deniz Undav 10/8 in 14). Bloom might not want to do anything to harm USG whilst they’re top of the league but Vanzeir making his Belgium debut last night is going to attract some big interest soon.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What is your definition of a striker? I'd say Phil Foden playing as a 'false 9' in the champions league makes puts him in that category.

The same definition as the people on here screaming that we need to sign a striker, and we're doomed if we don't and the club don't know what they're doing.! :facepalm:

Do I really need to name names? :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Whilst I don’t think we’ll use USG as a feeder team I do wonder if we have cast an eye over Dante Vanzeir (9 goals, 6 assists in 14 games) or Deniz Undav 10/8 in 14). Bloom might not want to do anything to harm USG whilst they’re top of the league but Vanzeir making his Belgium debut last night is going to attract some big interest soon.

Of course we will. If USG have players that would improve us then they’ll definitely be on our radar. His current league stats already eclipse Trossard’s in the same league the season before he joined us, and any player that gets selected for this current Belgium squad is clearly going to be good.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Of course we will. If USG have players that would improve us then they’ll definitely be on our radar. His current league stats already eclipse Trossard’s in the same league the season before he joined us, and any player that gets selected for this current Belgium squad is clearly going to be good.

Any player in the Belgian league that would improve us will be on our radar, that doesn’t mean the entire Belgian league is our feeder club :wink:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Any player in the Belgian league that would improve us will be on our radar, that doesn’t mean the entire Belgian league is our feeder club :wink:

Not the entire league, just the club that Tony Bloom is the majority shareholder of.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

No doubt there's awareness of these..

Dont expect any gifts however, TB is the majority shareholder but not the only one. If Brighton want these players it wont be for free.

Not going to happen in January though. CL quallification is worth £20-30m.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No doubt there's awareness of these..

Dont expect any gifts however, TB is the majority shareholder but not the only one. If Brighton want these players it wont be for free.

Not going to happen in January though. CL quallification is worth £20-30m.

I agree that it’s unlikely to happen in January, for that reason and also that he’s not going to walk straight into our squad.

As for so-called gifts, the majority shareholder can do what he wants in terms of who he sells an asset to and at what price (assuming the contract is acceptable to the player himself).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ivan Toney and Adam Armstrong are two prime examples of late developing Premier League level strikers who have learnt their craft at lower levels having been jettisoned by an EPL team.

Newcastle will soon learn exactly how good Toney is. Just like the ‘Connolly Out’ brigade, there could be a number of tea-towell clad cringing Geordies as they remember how happy they were when Newcastle cleared out the likes of Toney & Armstrong because they were not good enough.

I've seen Armstrong a few times and I think Newcastle were right. On present evidence Southampton must have been desperate to spend £15m on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here