[Albion] Abdallah Sima

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Who are your current realistic recommendations going into December?

Well it is going to be tough. It always is in Jan. But I am sure our recruitment army have some exciting striker targets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It’s not about strikers though, it’s about goals. Salah has played 77% of his career at right wing but has scored most of his goals there.

It’s very possible that over the next year or two, a player like Mitoma, Khadra or Sarmiento could become quite prolific for us. If they do, we don’t necessarily need a new striker.

Maybe they will be prolific, maybe not, and a goal is a goal, but… IMHO we need a striker. It is the most obvious squad gap we have, especially now Cucu is on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Origi, if I am not mistaken is out of contract in the summer.

Based on our current start could little old Brighton entice him?

Probably sub 10 million to take him in January and wouldn’t need to break our wage structure. Alternative haunts of Palace, Villa etc would seem to have dried up. Only Alternative could be a back up to Antonio.

Thought he looked sharp recently when he’s played.

Thoughts?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Probably sub 10 million to take him in January and wouldn’t need to break our wage structure. Alternative haunts of Palace, Villa etc would seem to have dried up. Only Alternative could be a back up to Antonio.

Thoughts?

Whenever mentioned he's always been a bit of marmite suggestion on here. For me, if the wages/price was right i'd have him.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

Thoughts?
IMHO just the sort of player we are missing

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I thought he took his goal really well in the recent defeat to West Ham, especially when you consider how little competitive football he's played recently. Knows where the net is for sure.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What, a one goal iin five games striker - say eight goals a season? I thought we had one or two of those already.

Over the last year Andone, Murray, Tau, Locadia, Sarmiento have all been seen as the great saviour by some people at one point or another. Only fair it is now Simas turn.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
What, a one goal iin five games striker - say eight goals a season? I thought we had one or two of those already.

1 goal in 5 games from largely appearances off the bench. Played regularly and those 8 goals could become nearer to 15. At the right price/wage thats something not to be ignored.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1 goal in 5 games from largely appearances off the bench. Played regularly and those 8 goals could become nearer to 15. At the right price/wage thats something not to be ignored.

One in five everywhere he's played - and he was mostly starting when not at Liverpool.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Over the last year Andone, Murray, Tau, Locadia, Sarmiento have all been seen as the great saviour by some people at one point or another. Only fair it is now Simas turn.

What about Super Andi Zeqiri? Bought on in each of Switzerland's qualifiers this week to thwart the Euro'20 Champions

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
With Mitoma the spending has exceeded £50m, so why do people still think we can afford to go out looking for a £20m plus striker?

I don't know what our plans are in January but i guess i'm confident the club is looking to spend £20m+ on a striker because it actually bid £20m+ on a striker only a few months ago.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What about Super Andi Zeqiri? Bought on in each of Switzerland's qualifiers this week to thwart the Euro'20 Champions

Ah! Knew I forgot someone.

Murray was/is our second-highest scorer of all time

Your point is?

That he was one of many strikers labelled as the saviour last year based on very questionable evidence. Yes, he is the second-highest scorer of all time but those wanting to recall him in January last year ignored that he was very much done on Champonship level never mind the Premier League.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
One in five everywhere he's played - and he was mostly starting when not at Liverpool.

But when he was not at Liverpool and therefor starting games was as a teenager for Lille (hardly fair to criticise), or 1 loaned season to a new club/league. I dont think that's a big enough sample to say he'll only ever be a 1 in 5 striker. Origi wouldnt necessarily bring bucket loads of goals to us but I could certainly see him scoring 10+ and bringing a lot of attributes we lack in our forward line. Like i said, for the right price/wages I see value in singing him. Someone else who's well in contract, and also scores 15-20 goals each season will set us back £40m... Just being realistic on what we might be able to attract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports