Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At Rangers, he has found his form and with Brighton's two-match week and injuries mounting up, do you think he should be recalled in the New Year?
He's doing well at Rangers, but I'd have thought Undav was higher up the pecking order if we are going to recall a striker.

Rangers fans rated him their best outfield player today (GK was MOTM, which seems reasonable in a 0-0 draw!)

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
He's doing well at Rangers, but I'd have thought Undav was higher up the pecking order if we are going to recall a striker.

Rangers fans rated him their best outfield player today (GK was MOTM, which seems reasonable in a 0-0 draw!)
I agree, but doesn't Undav's loan agreement have a right to buy option attached to it. Whether that makes any difference or not I haven't a clue.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree, but doesn't Undav's loan agreement have a right to buy option attached to it. Whether that makes any difference or not I haven't a clue.
No idea! I guess we'd have whatever was most beneficial - be that a recall option, or a contractual commitment to buy for a pre-agreed non-negotiable price. TBH, can't see much in it for us with an option to buy agreement.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
At Rangers, he has found his form and with Brighton's two-match week and injuries mounting up, do you think he should be recalled in the New Year?
My personal view is "absolutely not". He's playing well(ish) and scoring goals in Scotland after a wretched period since leaving to join us. Now he's finally finding his feet, bringing him back to maybe sit on the bench while we wait for Welbeck to get fit seems a waste and benefits no-one really.

I've always thought Sima was a weird aberration or a signing. A Baz Savage but without the moonwalk: Capable of great goals but never seemed to get a ball totally under control. Hopefully, he has a good season and we then make back some/all of the £9m (!) we spent on him.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Does player of the month in the monkey tennis league mean he's probably ready for a championship loan?

(Snidey swipes at the sweaties' league aside, this is obviously good news :))

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Keep up! :wink: :)

(The link is correct, even though it looks like it's not related at all! - some sort of glitch in the programme)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Two goals yesterday and joint top of the Scottish Premiership goal scorers table.

We signed a rough diamond at best but it seems the Scotch are polishing him up a treat for us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Two goals yesterday and joint top of the Scottish Premiership goal scorers table.

We signed a rough diamond at best but it seems the Scotch are polishing him up a treat for us.

They have their reservations too!
"If Sima could play football he would be sensational."
"Agreed mate, I think Sima is a donkey, put the ball in front of him to run onto then he’s decent, ask him to beat his man or control the ball and get a cross in, he’s dreadful."
In spite of that, he was MOTM for many of them! SPL football, eh?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Reported on BBC sport Sima is out long term following a thigh injury !
On the loanee thread yesterday!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
10 goals from 21 games so far for Rangers this season, 139 mins per goal which is joint top with the leading goal scorer on 20 goals which is interesting. He has been here it is hard to believe nearly three seasons now, surly he will be moved on, seems like he was not fancied here.

With folks talking about having Deniz Undav back after his loan spell, there seems a few players out on loan that decisions need to be made about their Albion future.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
10 goals from 21 games so far for Rangers this season, 139 mins per goal which is joint top with the leading goal scorer on 20 goals which is interesting. He has been here it is hard to believe nearly three seasons now, surly he will be moved on, seems like he was not fancied here.

With folks talking about having Deniz Undav back after his loan spell, there seems a few players out on loan that decisions need to be made about their Albion future.
Club will no doubt have a look at him in training over the summer to see if he’s premier league standard.

The lazy argument is players of Rod Wallace’s ability excelling up there, maybe the standard has got better and that’s unfair, I don’t know!

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Club will no doubt have a look at him in training over the summer to see if he’s premier league standard.

The lazy argument is players of Rod Wallace’s ability excelling up there, maybe the standard has got better and that’s unfair, I don’t know!
Of all the players to choose from, Rod Wallace is a very strange one!

I remember him being a good Premier League player for Leeds, certainly wasn’t out of his depth. Scored this goal of the season too

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Of all the players to choose from, Rod Wallace is a very strange one!

I remember him being a good Premier League player for Leeds, certainly wasn’t out of his depth. Scored this goal of the season too

Plenty of decent enough PL players go to SPL and look good, Wallace, Gascoigne, more recently even end of careers Defoe, Joe Hart.

It's coming the other way that's more variable. That Donkey Odsonne Edouard being an example.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Plenty of decent enough PL players go to SPL and look good, Wallace, Gascoigne, more recently even end of careers Defoe, Joe Hart.

It's coming the other way that's more variable. That Donkey Odsonne Edouard being an example.
Low risk for us though. We don't have to shell out £25m - £30m to find out if he is any good.
He can join the team next season and we can give him minutes to see if it's going to work out. If not sell him.
Low risk but if he does turn out to be the real deal then it's massive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here