[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I assume it was because he enjoyed it and didn't fancy anywhere else? In fact I'm pretty sure he gave an interview saying that he didn't want to go on loan to a championship side.
Indeed he did and now he's stagnating at the bottom of the Eredivisie. Maybe he should have chosen differently, particularly if he planned on eventually stepping up to the PL.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One thing about Steele's new contract and the signing of Verbruggen is, does that leave room for the progression of both Rushworth and Beadle? Both exceptional young keepers.

Rushworth in particular should be pushing for PL squad next season. Beadle maybe a year or two further away.

Similarly Moran looks very promising, but another attacking midfielder, probably our most stacked position.
Not only Rushworth and Beadle, either. Scherpen and McGill as well to accommodate. Lots of tough decisions to be made at some point.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I assume it was because he enjoyed it and didn't fancy anywhere else? In fact I'm pretty sure he gave an interview saying that he didn't want to go on loan to a championship side.
I'm sorry but whoever is in charge of the loanees needs to watch Vitesse this year and bring him back. Great that he had a nice time, but he's with us to develop.

Plenty of other Dutch clubs who play milese better football.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Not sure I get what's wrong with playing for a team at the bottom of the league? If we recall a player because the team is bottom do we then send him back there if they move up the table?!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
One thing about Steele's new contract and the signing of Verbruggen is, does that leave room for the progression of both Rushworth and Beadle? Both exceptional young keepers.

Rushworth in particular should be pushing for PL squad next season. Beadle maybe a year or two further away.

Similarly Moran looks very promising, but another attacking midfielder, probably our most stacked position.
Well, we keep getting told by certain NSC posters that Steele CLEARLY isn't up to it, so presumably he'll be off at the end of the season, which will free up one space

:dunce:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not only Rushworth and Beadle, either. Scherpen and McGill as well to accommodate. Lots of tough decisions to be made at some point.
Yes, getting a bit crowded there! I get the impression though that McGill is happy to earn his living as our number 3 GK.

Mind you, this time last year I thought Jason Steele was happy being our number 2 and I had no idea Robert Sanchez was going to fall out with the new manager, with the result that we lumped out the best part of £20M for another GK in Verbruggen! OK, we got a decent price for Sanchez, but I'm sure that wasn't the plan back then.
I thought back then that we would sell Sanchez (for bigger money) eventually, but not until Rushworth or Beadle were ready to step into his place. Funny old game ...............................

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I'm sorry but whoever is in charge of the loanees needs to watch Vitesse this year and bring him back. Great that he had a nice time, but he's with us to develop.

Not sure I get what's wrong with playing for a team at the bottom of the league? If we recall a player because the team is bottom do we then send him back there if they move up the table?!
There's nothing intrinsically wrong with a loan to a struggling club - but he is there to develop, and if they're not playing the sort of football to help that process, or aren't pushing him at all, then it's not such a good idea.
And if, as it seems to have been suggested, he went back to Vitesse because that was in his comfort zone, that would be even more reason for looking to find him a challenge elsewhere (whether he likes it or not!)

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

It may all depend what happens with RDZ. If he leaves at the end of the season, Steele may well find himself back as #2 (or maybe even following RDZ to wherever he goes).

Rushworth and Beadle are both under long term contracts.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
First post, just to announce Abdallah Sima has won the SPFL Player of the Month Award for October.

He's settled in well and is such a vital player in this ever improving Rangers team under new manager Philippe Clement.

https://images.ctfassets.net/39646i....JPG?fm=webp&f=top&fit=thumb&q=80&w=800&h=800
Welcome - and wow! I'd seen he was doing OK, scoring a few goals and all that sort of stuff, but wasn't expecting a POTM award, not just yet anyway.
Well done him! :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
First post, just to announce Abdallah Sima has won the SPFL Player of the Month Award for October.

He's settled in well and is such a vital player in this ever improving Rangers team under new manager Philippe Clement.

https://images.ctfassets.net/39646i....JPG?fm=webp&f=top&fit=thumb&q=80&w=800&h=800
Completely turned around Rangers fans' opinions too -
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/abdallah-sima-spfl-october-player-of-the-month.256066/

What a difference a couple of months has made!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Back on Kacper Kozlowski, although playing for the bottom club, didn’t Caicedo play for Beerschott for a few months when they were rooted to the bottom of their league? I think it can do young players a bit of good to have to scrap for points.
However, for a player with so much potential at a young age I’m a bit disappointed that he hasn’t shown more quality after a couple of years here.
Pre season 2024/25 will be crunch time I think.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Back on Kacper Kozlowski, although playing for the bottom club, didn’t Caicedo play for Beerschott for a few months when they were rooted to the bottom of their league? I think it can do young players a bit of good to have to scrap for points.
However, for a player with so much potential at a young age I’m a bit disappointed that he hasn’t shown more quality after a couple of years here.
Pre season 2024/25 will be crunch time I think.
Yes, it would have been good to see him move up a step after a season at the bottom of the league with a poor team.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, it would have been good to see him move up a step after a season at the bottom of the league with a poor team.

Vitesse were mid table last season in the Eredivisie, only 6 points off the European play off places and well clear of the relegation battle. They've gone backwards massively this season and while its sometimes good for a player to learn from that sort of adversity Kozlowski is someone there was a lot of hype over and you'd want him playing with a better quality side at this stage of his progress.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Vitesse were mid table last season in the Eredivisie, only 6 points off the European play off places and well clear of the relegation battle.
Point taken.
They've gone backwards massively this season and while its sometimes good for a player to learn from that sort of adversity Kozlowski is someone there was a lot of hype over and you'd want him playing with a better quality side at this stage of his progress.
Wondering if Gordon Greer and co. are considering moving him in January (if they can)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports