Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abandoned 2018 Nike Away Shirt

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Must've been scheduled for use near the end of the season when the players were already on the beach.
It comes with a ready made bikini top.

Jul 7, 2003
I thought we made the playoffs in that kit, then had a different version in the final. We were then relegated in a different pink kit.
The Chewit wrapper debuted at Wembley at the end of the 1990/91 season with NOBO as sponsor before being used for the next two seasons with TSB as the sponsor.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Hello, thought Albion fans might be interested in a story from a mate who works for Nike in Amsterdam. A few years back he was part of a team that worked up some prototype away or third kits that weren't selected. Apparently one that was based off an old 90s shirt was properly mocked up and after we chatted about it he shared this pic. I think it would've been for 2018/19 season perhaps?

View attachment 163864
Looks like a typical Nike mishmash design; the sooner we dump them for another manufacturer the better...

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
One million times better than the pile of rubbish that was the green kit with white shorts we had that season. Who on earth thought that was a good combination?!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We were literally laughed at by the home fans when we trotted out onto the (plastic) pitch at Boundary Park in that pink shirt, one grim winters afternoon in the 90s.

We lost. 6-1.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now that would sit nicely with my (small) collection of BHA prototype/sample shirts.
Stop droolin'. I can see the dribble from here.

:wink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We were literally laughed at by the home fans when we trotted out onto the (plastic) pitch at Boundary Park in that pink shirt, one grim winters afternoon in the 90s.

We lost. 6-1.
Yes, I went to that. The only saving grace being it wasn't long till Christmas.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts

We lost. 6-1.
Arrived at 3:05. We were already 1-0 down. It rained I recall (as it did every time there)

Couttsy

Jul 20, 2023
Nah, they'd keep it clean.

The badges aren't Nike's business. They wouldn't know who the sleeve sponsor would be many, many months in advance.

And if you want to argue that they're using using existing ones 'for show', where's the league badge?

Also, why would a genuine prototype have retail tags?! It's fake.
Asked about this. The tags are provided by Nike - the individual shops then add their barcodes. If spec shirts have them it's to identify the model/template, normally if a number of options are provided. The sleeve sponsor would be requested by the club to see the fit - guess there could be options here too depending on the brand guidelines of the company in question?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I love it as a tribute shirt, shame it never got made.

TBH I'm surprised Nike were willing to give us something not straight from their Sunday League catalog, especially as it was only the 3rd kit.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Asked about this. The tags are provided by Nike - the individual shops then add their barcodes. If spec shirts have them it's to identify the model/template, normally if a number of options are provided. The sleeve sponsor would be requested by the club to see the fit - guess there could be options here too depending on the brand guidelines of the company in question?
Hmmmm... fair enough.

Still seems weird putting tags on prototype. A code number could be printed anywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here