Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abandoned 2018 Nike Away Shirt

Couttsy

Jul 20, 2023
Hello, thought Albion fans might be interested in a story from a mate who works for Nike in Amsterdam. A few years back he was part of a team that worked up some prototype away or third kits that weren't selected. Apparently one that was based off an old 90s shirt was properly mocked up and after we chatted about it he shared this pic. I think it would've been for 2018/19 season perhaps?

9034981289_7930450710072410038.png

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Hello, thought Albion fans might be interested in a story from a mate who works for Nike in Amsterdam. A few years back he was part of a team that worked up some prototype away or third kits that weren't selected. Apparently one that was based off an old 90s shirt was properly mocked up and after we chatted about it he shared this pic. I think it would've been for 2018/19 season perhaps?
Nike is based in Hilversum, funnily enough where I work. If that's where they are coming up with our kits I'm tempted to walk down the road and have a word with them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Now that would sit nicely with my (small) collection of BHA prototype/sample shirts.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Nah that's as fake as they come, not a prototype.

I know someone who ordered a fake of the old Nobo kit with that same (badly reproduced) pattern. That looks very similar.

Jul 7, 2003
As a homage to the original 'pink' kit from the 90's I think that would have been something much more fun than those generic Nike templates we seem to get these days,.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

View attachment 163864
I don't know if it's a fake shirt, fake story, or what, but I like the idea that it happened and I quite like the shirt too. A nice reminder of those days.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Why not? They'd be showing the Albion management what the finalised shirt would look like, and we had JD Sports as our sleeve sponsor then. :shrug:

Nah, they'd keep it clean.

The badges aren't Nike's business. They wouldn't know who the sleeve sponsor would be many, many months in advance.

And if you want to argue that they're using using existing ones 'for show', where's the league badge?

Also, why would a genuine prototype have retail tags?! It's fake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here