Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron O'Connor racially abused?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Why does anyone lie about anything? :shrug:

If there was racial abuse loud enough for him to hear it in the dugout, someone else would've heard it. There's been plenty of threads on here in the past where people in the crowd have heard the odd Albion fan say something racist and it's usually posted on here within a couple of hours of the game finishing.

The benches behaviour towards us is relevant and isn't about mitigating any racism - it shows they behaved like abusive thugs, morally the type of people who would lie about something.

He hasn't said when he was abused, so we don't even know if it was from the stands during the game. It could be someone outside, it could be a single comment over the tunnel wall as they walk off. We don't know.

I just think the reaction should be,
"I hope he's mistaken and if not the culprit identified and banned" rather than "he's a liar".

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I just think the reaction should be,
"I hope he's mistaken and if not the culprit identified and banned" rather than "he's a liar".

Absolutely not....! It should be......"That is a very strong accusation......can you provide evidence....? Should evidence be produced, please rest assured we will make every effort to apprehend the culprits and deal with them appropriately. Until evidence is received, please refrain from making unproven accusations on public messageboards ".

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I don't see why he would lie and anything from there bench to us is irrelevant. You can't justify it by saying they were homophobic or swearing. Whoever it was should be banned, simple as that.

Fair enough if those giving homophobic abuse from the dugout are given equal bans too.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Absolutely not....! It should be......"That is a very strong accusation......can you provide evidence....? Should evidence be produced, please rest assured we will make every effort to apprehend the culprits and deal with them appropriately. Until evidence is received, please refrain from making unproven accusations on public messageboards ".

Ok, well I've said my bit, never intended to get so involved in a thread. I'll leave you lot to it!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yeah but just because you heard nothing doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Its made up tosh........if someone had been shouting racist shite at him, somebody next to, behind or in front of him would have reported it.....100%.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would hope the people on here stating they were near to the dug out and heard nothing etc will offer that evidence should an issue be made of this for the club to answer.

Good grief, that twitter feed is a car crash. Just another car crash of a very poor football player trying to somehow take the moral high ground, trying to be a somebody really and playing to his adoring followers.

If it helps you Aaron*, I had never heard of you before this and seriously doubt I ever will again, unless that is you ask me if I'd like fries with that.:thumbsup:

*he is reading this thread.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I would hope the people on here stating they were near to the dug out and heard nothing etc will offer that evidence should an issue be made of this for the club to answer.

Yup so would I. There was a lot of swearing and hand gestures, but can put my hand on my heart and say that not once did I hear any racist comments...and I was 5 yards away.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Now this really should be reported guys. Either we make a stand the the FA make a stand, or we let this shit carry on....

Let it carry on? Makes great panto atmosphere.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Its made up tosh........if someone had been shouting racist shite at him, somebody next to, behind or in front of him would have reported it.....100%.

if someone farted @ the amex someone would report it ....if somebody cursed the opposition they would most likely be lynched by stewards

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i am perplexed.
Aaron supports kicking racism out of football,however he has so far refused to make an official complaint.Surely if you witness racism at football you have a duty as black footballer to report it,if you are the victim of said abuse i cannot fathom why you would decide not to report it,firstly at source to the stadium officials and stewards at the time of the abuse but secondly and further on to the wider governing body.
Why on earth would you not report this but rather choose to argue the toss on twitter.

Does anyone think the Alleged Homophobic Slurs coming from certain members of the Newport Bench has anything to do with this not being officially talked about by other Newport players or even the club

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
According to his twitter he has now reported the abuse.

Good, our CCTV is world class and can pretty much identify what every individual is saying. Hope he gets charged with time wasting if no evidence is found.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
This^^^^ How do we go about making a statement do we wait for club to ask for info
or do we make contact ourselves

Contact the club and tell them what you heard. If you heard their bench making homophobic comments towards fans, then it HAS to be reported and I would expect the club to take it further.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
According to the Argus

"O’Connor is nursing a groin injury..........."

Is this some kind of new euphemism? :wanker:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here