Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron O'Connor racially abused?

meeching gull

Sep 18, 2010
Boat Alley
Sitting just behind and as said before no racial stuff what so ever.
A lot of fffffing and jeffing between them and us and them abusing a female spectator :tosser:'s

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Just read the Twitter thread and I have one question for Mr O'Connor: Why didn't you report it at the ground to the police, the stewards or the fourth official as soon as it happened, so the alleged perpetrators could be arrested there and then?

Im not being funny - but there where 4 stewards next to the dug out - 2 regular, 1 superviser and the stand manager. I am very sure if anything racist was said, they would have pulled someone out the crowd. As far as I am aware there were no racial comments made.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yup no racist abuse from what I heard, but as Conkers said, lots of homophobic comments made from their bench including one of their subs.

I was sat right next to the dugout. No racist abuse but definitely some very strong homophobic abuse towards us from their bench. Especially from the bald muppet.

Now this really should be reported guys. Either we make a stand the the FA make a stand, or we let this shit carry on....

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't see why he would lie and anything from there bench to us is irrelevant. You can't justify it by saying they were homophobic or swearing. Whoever it was should be banned, simple as that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Our own police have said there were 3 arrests & 4 ejections - all Newport.

It's just an allegation at the moment. If there is any truth in it, I'm sure he will be able to postitively ID the person concerned.

meeching gull

Sep 18, 2010
Boat Alley
I don't see why he would lie and anything from there bench to us is irrelevant. You can't justify it by saying they were homophobic or swearing. Whoever it was should be banned, simple as that.

As I said I was couple of rows back and I heard nothing like racial abuse.Dont know why he is lying that's up to him
hopefully club will investigate and find nothing happened.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
As I said I was couple of rows back and I heard nothing like racial abuse.Dont know why he is lying that's up to him
hopefully club will investigate and find nothing happened.

Yeah but just because you heard nothing doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Did you hear anything?

No but that's irrelevant.

It's like people are denying it's possible because it's aimed at a Brighton fan. If this was one of our players claiming it had happened to them the reaction would be very different.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's like people are denying it's possible because it's aimed at a Brighton fan. If this was one of our players claiming it had happened to them the reaction would be very different.

I haven't seen anyone saying that it's impossible.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Our own police have said there were 3 arrests & 4 ejections - all Newport.

It's just an allegation at the moment. If there is any truth in it, I'm sure he will be able to postitively ID the person concerned.

I saw one of them. He was PLASTERED and could barely stand. Also far too ugly to be gay :)

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
From all the comments from various sets of fans, it is clear that their bench was completely out of order. I think all those people who witnessed the behaviour should report it to the club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
From all the comments from various sets of fans, it is clear that their bench was completely out of order. I think all those people who witnessed the behaviour should report it to the club.

They behaved like a drunken mob who'd been on the beer all day. Totally lawless rabble.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Well I was 5 seats to the right of the bench, and I did not hear one single racist comment. The guy was a complete prick, and was goating the crowd for most of the second half and extra time and is almost certainly trying to take the heat off of himself, as he had several women have a go at him for shouting profanities (with a high proportion of young children around compared to a normal game) from the safety of his bench.

Oh and for what it's worth, even if someone HAD made a racist comment, I couldnt have cared less if he/she was an Albion fan. Racists should be named, shamed and banned...and this goes for homophobes.

They've basically rioted at Lewes and Crawley over the past few years so that was a tame outing for them

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Why does anyone lie about anything? :shrug:

If there was racial abuse loud enough for him to hear it in the dugout, someone else would've heard it. There's been plenty of threads on here in the past where people in the crowd have heard the odd Albion fan say something racist and it's usually posted on here within a couple of hours of the game finishing.

The benches behaviour towards us is relevant and isn't about mitigating any racism - it shows they behaved like abusive thugs, morally the type of people who would lie about something.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Well I was 5 seats to the right of the bench, and I did not hear one single racist comment. The guy was a complete prick, and was goating the crowd for most of the second half and extra time and is almost certainly trying to take the heat off of himself, as he had several women have a go at him for shouting profanities (with a high proportion of young children around compared to a normal game) from the safety of his bench.

Oh and for what it's worth, even if someone HAD made a racist comment, I couldnt have cared less if he/she was an Albion fan. Racists should be named, shamed and banned...and this goes for homophobes.

Yeah I don't doubt he/they acted like pricks. I just don't think it's relevant to his accusation!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

Well said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here