Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
He’s already played for us and Huddersfield this season so can’t play for any other club til next season so that puts us firmly in the driving seat

Good shout, this. Definitely ours until the summer, at the very least.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Fairly sure the fee has been agreed on this one, a bit like with us having agreed 10m with Fulham for Knockaert. There must be a financial reason for the loan instead of transfer in both cases; although I’ve no idea what it is.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He’s already played for us and Huddersfield this season so can’t play for any other club til next season so that puts us firmly in the driving seat

It's the oddest of loans. Plays 1 game I think (v Derby on 5th August), comes on loan to Brighton 3 days later but at the same time signs a new contract with Huddersfield that ends in 2022.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So, it’s been reported a few times we have an option to buy - once allegedly from his agent in the foreign press... So has there been any more confirmation or anything about this anywhere?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep. Playing for us, he looks like a worldie.

Which begs the question - has he always been this good? Or perhaps the Potterball system gets the best out of him. Must admit I didn't watch much of Huddersfield.
He was really good for Huddersfield, but it obviously helps when you're teammates are playing well too. That's not intended to be a dig at Huddersfield, but I think it's fair to say our team are currently playing better football than Huddersfield were.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Shall we take a moment to appreciate that ball from Trossard as well?

Great goal.

The reality is that we need a lot more moments like that from him. Sometimes our supply to him has not been great but thus far has looked best as an impact sub as opposed to a regular starter.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So, it’s been reported a few times we have an option to buy - once allegedly from his agent in the foreign press... So has there been any more confirmation or anything about this anywhere?

GPott said something in an interview about us having first dibs on an option to buy.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hudds just protecting their financial interests.......that’s all.

Yes, but that isn't my point. Surprised no-one came in for him. Shrewd bit of business by both clubs.

Can you think of another example where a player destined to leave has signed a 3 year contract on the day he left ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
GPott said something in an interview about us having first dibs on an option to buy.

Any idea when / where etc? Everyone seems in a negative mindset that because he’s been good for us we’ll miss out. I’m sure the option to buy also means a fee is already agreed or they could just ask for silly money if they don’t wanna sell - same as our AK deal for a reported £10mil..?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes, but that isn't my point. Surprised no-one came in for him. Shrewd bit of business by both clubs.

Can you think of another example where a player destined to leave has signed a 3 year contract on the day he left ?

Or any other examples where a player goes out on loan to a team in a higher division?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Any idea when / where etc? Everyone seems in a negative mindset that because he’s been good for us we’ll miss out. I’m sure the option to buy also means a fee is already agreed or they could just ask for silly money if they don’t wanna sell - same as our AK deal for a reported £10mil..?

Mooy joined Brighton on loan, but not before signing a new three-year deal with relegated Huddersfield. There is both a recall clause and an pre-agreed transfer fee in the structure of loan deal.

“Yeah, that’s the nature of the deal,” said Potter. “There’s a lot of football to be played until we make any decisions. The most important thing is he enjoys his football here and we can allow him to express himself on the pitch and be himself.”

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...field-town-loan-star-aaron-mooy-1-9078528/amp

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here