West west west Sussex
Turns out Connolly carried 2 teams on his shoulders, this weekend:-

Connolly.png

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see the goonsquad are sneering already :rolleyes:

They don't count him as an academy player (he arrived at BHA in 2016 as a 16 year old).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You then pop up and start playing down a wonder/dream goal scored by a youngster on his full debut.

What next? We played better against Chelsea?
Oh don't talk bollox. I have given fulsome praise to a youngsters wonder/dream striker's instinct goal on his full debut. That back-heel, and the reactions to get to the second ball were exceptional, a truly wonderful debut goal. He scored a decent one later too.

Now please don't start banging on about how everyone who has seen that doesn't know anything about football, has never played the game (and if they did they were shit), and then trying to be clever by suggesting they think we played better against Chelsea. Frankly, that is too much like actually having Spence back.
:facepalm:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
That back-heel, and the reactions to get to the second ball were exceptional, a truly wonderful debut goal. He scored a decent one later too.

:lolol: the worst thing is I know you're being serious. I do believe this is the first time I've ever encountered pretentiousness within someones football assessment on NSC. The above post is just cringe.

Now please don't start banging on about how everyone who has seen that doesn't know anything about football, has never played the game (and if they did they were shit), and then trying to be clever by suggesting they think we played better against Chelsea. Frankly, that is too much like actually having Spence back.
:facepalm:

That's twice now you've mention Spence. How much rent are you charging him to live in your head?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The cutting inside and curling inside the far post side are indeed quite common, but it's a lot less common to see the player start his angled run in the first half, control the ball at speed and dribble it at speed before the rest. It's something most of us didn't know he could do at this level. I agree about his first goal, it's equally important that he has that poachers instinct.

I'm not sure I can be bothered to work if one skill is more important to us than the other.

This......arguing which was ‘better’ is daft. They showed different aspects of his game - the first instinct and speed of reaction, the second dribbling at pace past a defender and shooting. The sum total of the two seem to indicate we might have a diamond on our hands. Happy days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I see the goonsquad are sneering already :rolleyes:

They don't count him as an academy player (he arrived at BHA in 2016 as a 16 year old).

Standard deflection. He arrived having never played at any age, for any other professional club. In so far as he had plenty of suitors, and our academy facilities, structure and staff (specifically Anderson / Morling) were what led to him joining - you could say he’s very much a ‘product’ of the academy.

I’m sure they don’t count March either, as he played a few games at Lewes (and played as a very young kid in their own system), or Dunk, as he was initially at the Wimbledon academy before leaving when they relocated. They definitely won’t count Ben White, who we signed into the academy when Saints released him at 16.

Oh well. Never mind.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I celebrated too, from my perch in the West Upper. To be honest VAR was never going to be considered for goals like that.
I know, that was my point.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The cutting inside and curling inside the far post side are indeed quite common, but it's a lot less common to see the player start his angled run in the first half, control the ball at speed and dribble it at speed before the rest. It's something most of us didn't know he could do at this level. I agree about his first goal, it's equally important that he has that poachers instinct.

I'm not sure I can be bothered to work if one skill is more important to us than the other.

He can do both - and more besides. Don't worry about it.

That might sound as if I think he is the saviour of the world!, which would be a bit OTT. But he is enormously promising!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here