Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Last chance saloon surely. If he doesn’t show positive signs here, I’ll be surprised if he stays in the summer (unless they just keep loaning him out until his contract expires). I hope he does well. He had glimpses of being a decent back up striker and we could certainly do with another goal scoring option despite the good form of late.

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
dating a reality TV girl
I always find this a harsh accusation on him; she only became a reality TV girl because she was dating him.
They were together when he was in the u23s and she was an air hostess.
She made her reality TV career as a WAG

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
I mean the obvious thing to do, to show you are knuckling down and serious is to use a close up of a tattoo on your joining post, alas!
because only lazy and problematic types get tattoos, right?

Aaron has his problems but I’m not sure his tattoos are the cause. Give the lad a chance to prove he’s serious about his new start

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
That’s not true on the lazy front but problematic it does have some truth as Tats do seem to be linked to education level . Obviously there are a few exceptions but how many doctors or dentists do you see with tats .

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
That’s not true on the lazy front but problematic it does have some truth as Tats do seem to be linked to education level . Obviously there are a few exceptions but how many doctors or dentists do you see with tats .
How many doctors and dentists do you see in their early 20s?

It’s a generational thing, tattoos are significantly on the rise for the social media generation, I’d hazard a guess that this conversation would be wildly different in 20 years time.

It’s much more normalized

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My female dentist has a large tooth tattooed on her arm; I’ve posted about this before. I also find your generalisation quite offensive as I know many educated people who have tattoos. And ignoring education, I know many people who are just decent people who also have tattoos.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
because only lazy and problematic types get tattoos, right?

Aaron has his problems but I’m not sure his tattoos are the cause. Give the lad a chance to prove he’s serious about his new start
I didn’t say that.

The second picture could have been of anything none football related, I’m wondering the relevance of posting it

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
How many doctors and dentists do you see in their early 20s?

It’s a generational thing, tattoos are significantly on the rise for the social media generation, I’d hazard a guess that this conversation would be wildly different in 20 years time.

It’s much more normalized
I thought tattoos were already so normalised as to be the norm. Now the cool edgy youth have no tattoos because that's unusual.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Each to their own. Some lads (and lasses) I know with tattoos are the nicest people in the world, some are dickheads. Some clean-cut privately educated people I know are legends, some are tossers.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Last chance saloon surely. If he doesn’t show positive signs here, I’ll be surprised if he stays in the summer (unless they just keep loaning him out until his contract expires). I hope he does well. He had glimpses of being a decent back up striker and we could certainly do with another goal scoring option despite the good form of late.
He is lucky because Liam Rosenior is a quite exceptional human being and wants to give him a go. But Connolly clearly has to develop his maturity. I really don’t like seeing people write him off as a shit player, he is very good but the movement he needs is on his shoulders rather than in his legs.

After being dumped by Newcastle, a certain Ivan Toney was languishing in League One from the ages of around 20 - 23.

There is still time for Connolly to match his statistics, hopefully avoiding regular trips to the bookies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here