Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Really hope he does well at Hull and he couldn't hope for a better mentor than Liam Rosenior.

I suspect the Championship is his level but maybe he'll push on from here and prove us wrong. I don't follow players on social media, or go clubbing in Brighton, so all the off-the-field stuff is of little interest to me. The guy I sit next to at the Amex was convinced that Connolly was the real deal, as he'd seen him play at U23 level or whatever. I always found him frustrating in his Brighton games, but perhaps there was just too much too soon.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hope he manages to stay up there and settle a bit. Last loan he was back down to Sussex every week to go out partying (if the rumours were correct).

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I sadly predict he's thrown away his potential career as a top flight footballer. He's f***ed about too much during his most crucial developmental stage.

The question for me is how far he's going to fall. If he knuckles down like you suggest, he might have a decent career in the championship... But there is every chance that he could go the same way as Leon Knight.
I think Connolly is just a twat, Leon Knight was both a twat and proper headcase mental, so he should have a chance of pulling up from the nosedive.
As an aside the England youth setup did psychological tests on the players and told a young Leon Knight he was mental and they didn't want him about and that was the entirety of aftercare provided.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
What is it exactly that Connolly has done wrong off the field?

He didn’t recreate the spurs performance I get that but what is it off the pitch that has got everyone so annoyed to compare him to Leon knight?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

He didn’t recreate the spurs performance I get that but what is it off the pitch that has got everyone so annoyed to compare him to Leon knight?
You probably need to read this whole thread so you can find out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Nothing different to a lot of our youngsters - but unfortunately not good enough training / on the pitch

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
1672936586012.jpeg

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Rumors of him spending too much time out on the razz, acting like a billy big bollocks, not putting in effort in training, dating a reality TV girl etc.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Rumors of him spending too much time out on the razz, acting like a billy big bollocks, not putting in effort in training, dating a reality TV girl etc.
Have any of these rumours, apart from the well-documented fact that he went out with a Brighton girl trying to ‘make it’ in a social-media driven world, been corroborated? My kids have been in Shoosh with Connolly, White etc. Apart from shit dress sense, they’ve both said he was like any other teenager earning £20-grand a week😂.

Poskettspurpose

Jun 18, 2021
I've been really frustrated with Connolly as I really wanted him to do well and have followed his exploits around England and Europe with a depressed sense of inevitablity over the past couple of years. However i'm nearly 50 and will concede I was a massive pillock in my 20's and didn't really put my head down and start working until I was nearly 30. Not all players can have the mentality to be in the spotlight, receive adulation and a large pay packet and take the responsibility that comes with it. I really hope that he doesn't end up looking back over a wasted career when he's in his mid 30's with regrets about what could have been.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really hope he does well at Hull and he couldn't hope for a better mentor than Liam Rosenior.

I suspect the Championship is his level but maybe he'll push on from here and prove us wrong. I don't follow players on social media, or go clubbing in Brighton, so all the off-the-field stuff is of little interest to me. The guy I sit next to at the Amex was convinced that Connolly was the real deal, as he'd seen him play at U23 level or whatever. I always found him frustrating in his Brighton games, but perhaps there was just too much too soon.
On PL2 he was the real deal! He was the POTS - not just the Brighton PL2 POTS, but POTS for the whole of PL2 - people tend to forget that, but at that time/level he was really good.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

I mean the obvious thing to do, to show you are knuckling down and serious is to use a close up of a tattoo on your joining post, alas!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
At the moment, I'd rather have Leon Knight back than Connolly. Hope Rosenior can knock some sense into him, as I really thought there was a player there for a while.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At the moment, I'd rather have Leon Knight back than Connolly. Hope Rosenior can knock some sense into him, as I really thought there was a player there for a while.
Any excuse to repost this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here