[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I wouldn't knock any player on here except to say.
At THAT 'Boro game, after FT I saw a current player totally distraught and crying with his family, tears of frustration that he couldn't get us over the line. That he had let the fans and club down.

I would never publicly name that player, some things are sacred, but it is hard to imagine Connolly doing that.

I don't believe you.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I had a 30k English to Swedish translation job with a short deadline that regardless how much I tried wasn't going to to do itself. Sorry for not being available 24/7 365 days a year.

I put you on ignore a long time ago, but to make sense of this thread I have had to read some of your posts - all I can say, is you do talk some absolute bollocks at times... right, back on ignore!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I put you on ignore a long time ago, but to make sense of this thread I have had to read some of your posts - all I can say, is you do talk some absolute bollocks at times... right, back on ignore!

Thank you for the information, your thoughtful, convincing arguments, and your valuable contribution.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
At THAT 'Boro game, after FT I saw a current player totally distraught and crying with his family, tears of frustration that he couldn't get us over the line. That he had let the fans and club down.

I would never publicly name that player, some things are sacred, but it is hard to imagine Connolly doing that.

Blimey, you expect a lot.
If Connolly got a couple of scruffy goals off his arse it would probably be enough to win me over.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Out of interest, how do you judge "total lack of contrition"? How do you know he didn't apologise to the club when it was taken up with him? My understanding is, he was taken to task and dealt with appropriately by the disciplinary procedures of the club. Given that the club deals with everything in house, what are you expecting? A personal letter to you, stained in tears and apologising for not meeting your standards?

Why would I expect a personal letter ?

That would be ridiculous.

Given his Covid busting was in a national newspaper then some form of club website interview - not unlike players give from time to time - expressing regret at letting the fans who pay his wages down would have been the minimum.

Anyway, that's history and I doubt he can redeem himself to me now - I can't wait until he leaves.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Belgium?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Sell him to USG for a few million for (hopefully) Champions League football with a Livramento style buy-back clause if he suddenly meets his potential.

Top level European football (CL) should inspire him whilst he finds his level in the Juliper league.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Given that there are only two current players who were at the club that day and that one had been out injured since Christmas, you kind of have publicly named him. He was suspened and couldn't play that day.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why would I expect a personal letter ?

That would be ridiculous.

Given his Covid busting was in a national newspaper then some form of club website interview - not unlike players give from time to time - expressing regret at letting the fans who pay his wages down would have been the minimum.

Anyway, that's history and I doubt he can redeem himself to me now - I can't wait until he leaves.

You're not paying his wages.

But yeah I'm sure he is also looking forward to leaving and he'll join Ben White, Dan Burn, Dale Stephens, Davy Pröpper and others in not even bothering to say "bye" and much less "thanks for your support" to the fans.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You're not paying his wages.

But yeah I'm sure he is also looking forward to leaving and he'll join Ben White, Dan Burn, Dale Stephens, Davy Pröpper and others in not even bothering to say "bye" and much less "thanks for your support" to the fans.

Yes, clearly none of his wages come from the money I transfer to the club :facepalm:

Pröpper :

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2193160

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Your loss, were you there?

I was.

Which is why I know that at the end of the game the pitch was invaded immediately and that the Brighton players couldn't get anywhere near us to acknowledge our support as most of the Boro fans in the stands covered the pitch. Also that the Brighton players were kept in by CH partly for their own safety and partly for the talk that set up the next season. And that Bloom must have ditched the boardroom niceties PDQ because he was on the same train home as me.

You weren't though, because you're a Palace fan.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes, clearly none of his wages come from the money I transfer to the club :facepalm:

You're probably even stevens. You pay a very modest part of his wage, while he presumably pay more taxes than you do, so he's paying for the roads your driving on, your healthcare etc.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was.

Which is why I know that at the end of the game the pitch was invaded immediately and that the Brighton players couldn't get anywhere near us to acknowledge our support as most of the Boro fans in the stands covered the pitch. Also that the Brighton players were kept in by CH partly for their own safety and partly for the talk that set up the next season. And that Bloom must have ditched the boardroom niceties PDQ because he was on the same train home as me.

:lolol:

The words of an assasin.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
I was.

And the team busses, the one for the players and the kit. Did you see them loaded?

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
I was.

And the team busses, the one for the players and the kit. Did you see them loaded?

Do you recognise this cabinet? it certainly ain't at scumhurst

Attachments

• WP_20160723_11_36_32_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160723_11_36_32_Pro.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 183

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports