Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
League 1 or Scotland maybe. Anywhere where he can score goals and recover that form he had in PL2 (where he was POTS ahead of Eddie Nketiah). Preferably with no access back to Sussex after the match to shag Barbie, whose presence in his life I'm sure isn't helping.

I'm thinking a different culture perhaps... somewhere where media respects ones personal life and where fans dont boo individuals in their own teams. A bit of peace and calm would serve him well.

Belgium?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Or Sweden?

Sure, why not.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He could achieve a lot of this by changing his lifestyle choices.

This.

It does Brighton and Hove Albion no good at all to have a player, any player, not doing well so this latest loan failure really isn't helping anyone. There is a player in there somewhere for sure. But you don't go from one of the highest rated PL2 players, taking apart a very good Spurs side and being a full international to being booed on in The Championship just because a couple of people wrote something uncomplimentary about your social life on NSC.

At some point Aaron has to take responsibility for himself and it might be useful if the people close to him and defending him on here showed some tough love and accepted this and helped with it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm thinking a different culture perhaps... somewhere where media respects ones personal life and where fans dont boo individuals in their own teams. A bit of peace and calm would serve him well.

Sure, why not.

Are there really hoards of paps chasing Connolly around town? I think not.

If he’s in the press it’s because he’s behaving like Billy big bollocks rather than following a Bruno lifestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He could achieve a lot of this by changing his lifestyle choices.

What makes you think that? One good performance several years ago?
He wouldn’t be a Championship-standard striker even if he lived like a saint.
He’s out of his depth.
Fair play to him for earning all the money he has. Many Players with more ability have earned a lot less.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think this is fairly obvious?

He could help himself off the pitch but There is very little evidence that he’d ever have what’s needed to be a top player, however he behaved. His control, pace, football iq, heading, none of it is up to much.
Many young players do well at youth/reserve level, don’t develop and then end up in League Two or whatever.
Maybe he’s no different to that type, but got lucky by getting a big contract at a premier league club..

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
What makes you think that? One good performance several years ago?
He wouldn’t be a Championship-standard striker even if he lived like a saint.
He’s out of his depth.
Fair play to him for earning all the money he has. Many Players with more ability have earned a lot less.

Think that probably just about sums things up and probably should be the end of this thread...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Think that probably just about sums things up and probably should be the end of this thread...

Hopefully not, and he will come back to Brighton and prove his critics wrong.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We stayed overnight, but goodness it was a long trip.

Certainly my worst ever away day. The train trip home seemed to go on forever. When we got to Kings Cross, Tony Bloom got off our train and some of us talked to him. Only time I ever have and all of us were raging.

Bloody Mike Dean.

(However, whisper it, we were far better equipped to go up AND stay up the season after, while the smoggies can't get out of The Championship now :) )

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

If he’s in the press it’s because he’s behaving like Billy big bollocks rather than following a Bruno lifestyle.

Not necessarily. He’s very unlikely to have the paps chasing him, but they will be after Lucinda. In her role, she needs to stay in the media to stay relevant. Wouldn’t be a surprise if the paps were being tipped off by people within her camp about where they’re going to be or leaking stories about them.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is like... one country in the world where you get (non-anonymised) newspaper headlines if you have sex with someone during lockdown or if your girlfriend is screaming at you.

He's in the press because the British tabloids are vultures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports