Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd have "Got Rid" after his lack of apology/contrition after his tabloid covid busting tale.

That was the tipping point for me.

Now I just shrug and look forward to the day he leaves the club.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up but hopefully I'll never see him again in an albion shirt.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why is he a total dick though? And why do the security of Shoosh keep letting him in if he’s a known troublemaker ?

I don’t recall seeing off the field stuff when he’s up on Teeside ? And yes he’s an idiot for keep putting himself in the way of trouble which seems to happen at the same place

I think just the general arrogant steroptypical dick of a footballer stuff. I don't have specifics for you, I'm afraid. I know in a court of law that would be dismissed as hearsay, but there's clearly some truth in it given how every few months he pops up in the press again having been involved in something else.

I imagine earning £23K a week probably gives you a bit more leeway with the security of a club than you and I would get!

You are bang on about the 'putting himself in the way of trouble' bit. I'd love to know what the club really think about it all.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I was hoping that Chris Wilder might be a good manager for him being Northern and Straight Talking, although wary that Ryan Brewster hadn't flourished under him. Seems not.

Agree with most that I am just a bit tired of reading about his off field antics and nothing, at all, about any on field success.

I was somewhat in agreement with Swansmum about his treatment on social media (never heard much other than support or the occasional groan at the ground but then Swansmum gets all his opinion on Albion fans from NSC, rather silly). I prefer to support our players and ridicule, softly abuse, the opposition and ref not Our Own. I also loved Leon Knight, fantastic player for us.

However, Swansmum has too many odd and radical/weird "beefs" which seep into everything and he is just so everywhere on here, so I wouldn't be disappointed by a flounce/ban haha.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why is he a total dick though? And why do the security of Shoosh keep letting him in if he’s a known troublemaker ?

I don’t recall seeing off the field stuff when he’s up on Teeside? And yes he’s an idiot for keep putting himself in the way of trouble which seems to happen at the same place

Maybe because he still spends his leisure time down in Sussex when he can? That seems to be the case from this post anyway -

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...ondensed-)&p=10232210&viewfull=1#post10232210

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is that true ? With the championship having Saturday / Tuesday games and their FA cup runs has he really been down here that much?

No idea. Just referring to that post, and wondering about it.

The latest spat was definately in Burgess Hill though.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Swansman, are you okay? I don't think you're well. We know about your ongoing drug issues. Do you have a support network?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
In this case is Connolly the actual issue or was it his ex? girlfriend. Not saying he is without blame but I heard it as person came to his house , difficult not to be involved.

Someone needs to sit down with him and explain that he has one chance to be a good footballer, don't blow it and if you become a good footballer you will still have lot of opportunities for sh*gging and drinking , probably more if he is very good.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maupay spends his spare time reading books, doesn't he? Not acting like a dick in Shoosh. I don't think he'd be anything like Connolly. Knockaert was also a bit of a knob, but he did the business on the pitch for us, which is a large part of the Connolly problem and why people get more frustrated with him than others with similar off-field antics (although I genuinely cannot think of any player we have that seems to spend more time on the front pages than the back).

Knockaert had two close family deaths which affected him badly.

Duffy has been in the tabloids a couple of times, but LuaLua seemed to get a free pass despite the number of court appearances he had.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No prob! Pax?

:thumbsup:

Agree with most that I am just a bit tired of reading about his off field antics and nothing, at all, about any on field success.

I think that's it, it doesn't make me angry, it just makes me roll my eyes and think 'here we go again'. It's tiresome.

In this case is Connolly the actual issue or was it his ex? girlfriend. Not saying he is without blame but I heard it as person came to his house , difficult not to be involved.

If you look at most of his alleged misdemeanours in isolation then it's easy to think this. Wrong place, wrong time etc. But trouble seems to follow him around, and after a while it becomes a reputation, which is very hard to shake off. I can imagine Potter / Barber reading the latest headlines and thinking 'What is the point in keeping bothering with this lad?'

He still has time on his side in that if he really knuckled down and stayed out of nightclubs and toxic relationships with wannabe celebs etc then he could still make a decent career, and look back in 20 years time and chuckle at his foolish ways in his early 20's and thank his lucky stars that he managed to snap out of it. I suspect the chance of doing that in the Premier League has gone now, but with his talent and ability there is no reason why he couldn't have a decent lower-Championship or upper-League One career. Which would still be an absolute dream for most football fans. But he needs to make that decision very soon, or it will be too late for him.

I hope [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] is OK, he's gone very quiet since he exploded and proclaimed me to be a complete psychopath.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
:thumbsup:

I think that's it, it doesn't make me angry, it just makes me roll my eyes and think 'here we go again'. It's tiresome.

If you look at most of his alleged misdemeanours in isolation then it's easy to think this. Wrong place, wrong time etc. But trouble seems to follow him around, and after a while it becomes a reputation, which is very hard to shake off. I can imagine Potter / Barber reading the latest headlines and thinking 'What is the point in keeping bothering with this lad?'

He still has time on his side in that if he really knuckled down and stayed out of nightclubs and toxic relationships with wannabe celebs etc then he could still make a decent career, and look back in 20 years time and chuckle at his foolish ways in his early 20's and thank his lucky stars that he managed to snap out of it. I suspect the chance of doing that in the Premier League has gone now, but with his talent and ability there is no reason why he couldn't have a decent lower-Championship or upper-League One career. Which would still be an absolute dream for most football fans. But he needs to make that decision very soon, or it will be too late for him.

I hope [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] is OK, he's gone very quiet since he exploded and proclaimed me to be a complete psychopath.
Maybe Swansman isn't being quiet by choice?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Maybe Swansman isn't being quiet by choice?

I hope he hasn't been banned. We used to be able to explode at each other on NSC, it was better then I think. Good to get stuff off your chest.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I hope he hasn't been banned. We used to be able to explode at each other on NSC, it was better then I think. Good to get stuff off your chest.

No - he certainly hasn't been banned. I think he is probably out enjoying the arrival of Swedish springtime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here