Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] A27 weekend closures Shoreham-Lancing

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I just went to the tip ( exciting lifestyle you know) and the road was clear both ways. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I will cycle to work tomorrow.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I just went to the tip ( exciting lifestyle you know) and the road was clear both ways. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Maybe everyone’s learnt from yesterday…as in don’t bother ….I visited the tip yesterday (mmmm)…going East as you would expect easy (which is what I did)…going West haha

Oh and tomorrow it’s all back to normal anyway…not that normal is quiet

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Popped over to 'Ove on my scooter, queue started at Kingston Lane on the way back . . . deep Sunday joy.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Maybe everyone’s learnt from yesterday…as in don’t bother ….I visited the tip yesterday (mmmm)…going East as you would expect easy (which is what I did)…going West haha

Oh and tomorrow it’s all back to normal anyway…not that normal is quiet
I need to drive back that way after the Grimsby game but that will after 5pm, hopefully should be fairly quiet by then?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've been caught up in this a few times and it didn't seem too bad, especially considering the amount of traffic coming off the 27 into and through SBS.

Some comments on the local FB group that Mrs B read out yesterday were hilarious. From drivers that were LITERALLY part of the problem by being there. What did people expect?! 🤣🤣

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Went from Shoreham beach to the tip about 3:30 today. Was empty going there but rammed on the way back (westwards).

Pain in the **** and not even going to get an Ikea out of it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have been on that road several times since Friday night. Lancing to Brighton along the coast road through Shoreham. At all times of the day. Not one moment's delay. I was told chaos awaited me. It's cars turning into Beach Green car park and the mini roundabout by Setyres that always cause issues but this weekend was no different to any other.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Went to Worthing at about 2 westbound coast road at Shoreham jammed….side streets just off High St blocked….intrigued to see one driver spring out of a one way street ..the wrong way

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I have been on that road several times since Friday night. Lancing to Brighton along the coast road through Shoreham. At all times of the day. Not one moment's delay. I was told chaos awaited me. It's cars turning into Beach Green car park and the mini roundabout by Setyres that always cause issues but this weekend was no different to any other.
I could be completely wrong (please correct me!) but the issue would be Brighton to Lancing rather than Lancing to Brighton?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I could be completely wrong (please correct me!) but the issue would be Brighton to Lancing rather than Lancing to Brighton?
Indeed. I’ve been both directions and it was fine.
I’d heard reports that Shoreham was gridlocked. I didn’t experience that at all, in either direction.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
According to my wife, it was a nightmare yesterday lunchtime.

From exiting the Southwick tunnel, it was 90 minutes to Steyning. Not sure if this was because many had forgotten about the closure going west, or likely to the norm for the next two weekends,

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
According to my wife, it was a nightmare yesterday lunchtime.

From exiting the Southwick tunnel, it was 90 minutes to Steyning. Not sure if this was because many had forgotten about the closure going west, or likely to the norm for the next two weekends,
Well I hoping Sunday at 5pm ish will be a lot better than a Saturday lunchtime

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
More lazy workmen taking too many breaks this will drag on forever. I recomend travel East to West go to Homlbush, past Southlands, Buckingham Pk turn left at T jtn pray queue not too long, then over bridge past adur rec and onto Lancing go through Sompting you will keep moving mostly as everyone else goes along seafront. UntilI opened my mouth. Scrap that...nah seriously ive no plans to go that way in a hurry!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ahh I see, cheers
It was yesterday lunchtime and but perhaps early this afternoon not nearly so bad….I imagine first because it was a sunday and also because of people hearing about yesterday.

Personally I’d come off the a27 before the tunnel …upper Shoreham road …then cut down to the coast road just before Shoreham High St ..after that it’s quiet and at Lancing cut back up to A27

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Indeed. I’ve been both directions and it was fine.
I’d heard reports that Shoreham was gridlocked. I didn’t experience that at all, in either direction.
Our 'back passage' oo-err, is an access road . . . And sign posted as such . . . It was like an A road on Saturday, people trying any side road tactic to try and gain something. . . When I took the dog out for a walk there were people driving the wrong way up one way side streets to get ahead.

With the current rate of population increase this will be the norm soon enough. The A259 has been strangled by traffic calming in the last 20 years and the A27 west of Shoreham is 40 years behind schedule until you get west of Chichester. In all that time the trains have got immeasurably worse.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
More lazy workmen taking too many breaks this will drag on forever. I recomend travel East to West go to Homlbush, past Southlands, Buckingham Pk turn left at T jtn pray queue not too long, then over bridge past adur rec and onto Lancing go through Sompting you will keep moving mostly as everyone else goes along seafront. UntilI opened my mouth. Scrap that...nah seriously ive no plans to go that way in a hurry!
M23. M25, M3

hardly scenic, but probably quicker.

mightily relieved I don't work in Chi any more.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Our 'back passage' oo-err, is an access road . . . And sign posted as such . . . It was like an A road on Saturday, people trying any side road tactic to try and gain something. . . When I took the dog out for a walk there were people driving the wrong way up one way side streets to get ahead.

With the current rate of population increase this will be the norm soon enough. The A259 has been strangled by traffic calming in the last 20 years and the A27 west of Shoreham is 40 years behind schedule until you get west of Chichester. In all that time the trains have got immeasurably worse.
I was sitting in the High St slowly nudging forward and the number of ‘arses’ coming out of one way streets …the wrong way 🤦‍♂️

Nicks

I wonder what this might be like on Sunday morning? I'd be aiming to get to Portslade about 11am on Sunday.

Coming from Hampshire a thought I had was to come off the a27 a bit earlier at Clapham and head up the a24 there, then round through Steyning etc which is the diversion anyway.
Kick off at Fontwell and go through Storrington and Steyning then rejoin on the Flyover at Shoreham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here