Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] A27 between Lancing & Shoreham

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
According to a yellow info sign I saw yesterday as was heading east to Brighton yesterday was as of 8pm this evening the right turn to the airport (if your heading east of course) at the Lancing College junction is PERMANENTLY closed!!!

I should say that anyone heading west from Brighton to Worthing via the A27 will also hit major traffic delays with lane closures for the down ramp to the Steyning/red lion repairs which the Argus are reporting will take two months!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Unfortunately making a return, this time on the heading east side …with a bit of unrelated trouble on the west side

Unless I’m mistaken
Match wise ..travelling to the game against Saints for those west of Shoreham will have to take it into consideration

Isn't that the day there's no trains from the West either?

And we're playing...Southampton?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was gridlock on Saturday on the way back from the Amex by Lancing College and went from three lanes to one with the exit to drop to the seafront and Steyning also blocked off. Was this a one off or is it still the same?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It was gridlock on Saturday on the way back from the Amex by Lancing College and went from three lanes to one with the exit to drop to the seafront and Steyning also blocked off. Was this a one off or is it still the same?
That off ramp is closed due to a crash and not due to the works for New Monks Farm. Post above yours says The Argus reporting the off ramp will be closed for 2 months!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
According to a yellow info sign I saw yesterday as was heading east to Brighton yesterday was as of 8pm this evening the right turn to the airport (if your heading east of course) at the Lancing College junction is PERMANENTLY closed!!!

I should say that anyone heading west from Brighton to Worthing via the A27 will also hit major traffic delays with lane closures for the down ramp to the Steyning/red lion repairs which the Argus are reporting will take two months!
Small crumb of comfort ….it could be six weeks if you look at the article not just headline ….this is the Argus we are talking about as well….I can’t see anything on the National Highways website unfortunately

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's the last comment which makes it sound like the Shoreham turn is closed for 2 months.

‘’up to two months’’ ….the article has been changed from when i read it when 6-8 weeks was mentioned …time will tell

Jul 7, 2003
Eastbound also impacted as traffic doubles back at Lancing Manor to get to Steyning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here